Default Please help me improve my online store

Would someone be kind enough to visit my online store www.cafedepr.com and make suggestion on how to improve the ease of use of the shopping cart and any suggestions about the layout, etc.
    Thanks in advance

I had a look and here are my comments
    • Run it through a spell checker. Guarantee, not Guaranty
    • Keep political statements to yourself - you risk putting off potential customers. By all means offer a discount to soldiers, but limit it to that.
    • Use fewer colors. It is confusing
    • Your site looks cluttered and cramped. Space things out - put headings in (such as 'Health', 'Testimonials') and separate them with one of your coffee beans
    • Use a two or three column layout
    • Look at other gourmet coffee sites, choose the elements you like and modify your site accordingly.
    • Change Union Flag (UK) to Stars and Stripes (USA) - after all you're in New Jersey.
    • Break your Spanish section down into various pages
    • No need to have a duplicate entry (text and picture) for ground or beans - just use a radio button or drop down to select between them

Look at Tassimo or CoffeeByPost for examples of well designed sites. Other sites you could consider are Union Roasters and Arabica.com

HTH
    Last edited by rolling; 01-19-2007 at 11:00 AM.
    Richard

I have jotted down some of my meddlings at http://www.rollingr.net/wordpress
    Click here for a full list of formatting codes for this forum

Default cafedepr.com

Just a small observation in addition to Rolling's insiteful comments. On your 'links' page you discuss reciprical linking and SEO. Its true that reciprical links can help, but I've read that many search engines are beginning to discount reciprical links in favor of one-way links. So you may prefer to engage in a 'round-robin' link exchange rather than 1 to 1 exchange.

Café Real de Puerto Rico®. The coffee we sell is guaranteed to contain 100% carefully selected Arabica coffee beans cultivated in farms in Maricao, and Jayuya, Puerto Rico. It's guaranteed to be PURE puerto rican Coffee NOT from substitute beans. We do not buy coffee beans from other countries. We take pride in our work and ethics to provide the best coffee you will ever have. Guaranteed. If you are looking for coffee sold in supermarkets in Puerto Rico, you are in the wrong place, we do not sell those labels because we can't guarantee the origin or content of those brands.
    You are trying to cheat the search engines with that hidden text above. It is an old trick. I suggest you not to do it. Those search engineers at Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft are smart people with either Ph.D, or Master degrees. They already know this trick. Font should not have same color with the background. I hope you will not get yourself penalized for spamming the search engines with hidden keywords.