Default Am I at the right place?

Hi, I'm new here and not sure that I'm in the "right neighborhood". For some reason, I am not able to move emails to folders, in my Outlook Express...I'm afraid that I might have been...uh...wondering around somewhere and clicked on to something by accident. Can any one help?? Thanx in advance.
    Cindy.
    Last edited by ptcruisin'; 10-06-2006 at 09:07 PM.

You should just be able to drag any email to a folder you want. There are other ways to move emails into other folders by setting up rules and such but I can't remember if that is available in Outlook Express or just in purchased versions. If you can it might be limited. Been a long time since I used the Express/free version. The program is fairly well documented in the help area of the program itself.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Default Am I in the right place?

Thanx much for your help, however, I've spent HOURS searching the help area of Outlook. And I learned a lot in my search. To be honest I never knew you could drag a message to the folder. I usually would right click on an email and that was how I moved it to a folder. When I do that now, nothing happens. I searched for "enable folders" ? "disable folders" ? and there doesn't seem to be any help listed, but that seems to be the problem. And if I'm dragging my messages, I didn't find out how to create a new folder.
    Last edited by ptcruisin'; 10-13-2006 at 03:37 PM.

To create a new Folder have you looked at File > Folder > New Folder?

As far as the moveing to a folder the right click should work fine. When you say nothing happens can you be a bit more specific? Is there no Move to Folder option? If ther is and you click on it do you not get a pop up window that shows your folders?
    Shawn

Default Am I in the right place?

Yes I've tried that, nothing happens.

I right click, and the pop up window is there. The option to move the folder is there, it looks the same as it always did. I click on it, and it looks like it's going to do something...I wait...that's it. Nothing else happens.

I am not sure what to tell you. When I have a problem like this where something was working then starts not working I try to think about what "changed". Did you update Outlook Express install something else recently? You might have better luck doing a search on Google where you might get some hits on forums with folks that have more knowldege of Microsoft and Outlook.
    Shawn

I know that this is an almost 5 year-old thread but for others who are having the same problem, try reinstalling/repairing Outlook Express through control panel or running MS Office installer. This resets configurations to default and fixes most problems.