Default link colors ...is CSS possible?

I'm baaack. =) I have been playing with the MM stuff and have finally figured out how to add a logo header! took forever but I did it! now...a couple questions that I can't seem to figure out. if I go to my store admin area and click on the body tag I can put in link="white" or vlink="navy" or whatever... the side bar is color so white links work great HOWEVER the "middle" section of the page (where the product images and links are displayed) is white so white links won't work there! Is there a way to use CSS? or a way to specialize the links that show up in the body to be different from the side nav links?

one more question....again in the admin area you can set the "misc" colors... and the side nav color is one of them. is there a way to control the height of that side nav column? it looks pretty silly when all the catagories are not expanded (at present I only have like 3 catagories!) and it's only like 200 pixels high! I have looked for a place to change the html code, but I can't seem to find a code section for that!

thank you!!!
    Kari
    ps hope you don't mind the "dumb" questions.

Is there a way to use CSS?
    You can add style rules in a couple different ways. You can do it globally by going to Stores>YourStoreName:Head Tag Content (tab) and adding either a <link> to your stylesheet or all of your rules inbetween <style> tags to the box labelled "Head Tag Content". You can also do this on a page by page basis by going to Stores>YourStoreName>Pages, clicking on the edit butten next to the page you want to add your rules to, and then adding your style information inbetween the <head> tags.

one more question....again in the admin area you can set the "misc" colors... and the side nav color is one of them. is there a way to control the height of that side nav column? it looks pretty silly when all the catagories are not expanded (at present I only have like 3 catagories!) and it's only like 200 pixels high!
    If I recall correctly, the left column (and color) should stretch to the same height as the right/content column. Is this not happening?

hmmm. I'm still having a hard time with the link colors...sigh...
    I added a <style> tag to the head of the store to make it global...but where to I "call" the style... like with html when I create a separate class for links in the main body of the text vs links at the footer that are much smaller and a different color. I pulled up the code for the "catagory" section of miva... but I don't see the actual names of the links that are there when I add a catagory.

thank you so much for all your help.

All of the HTML that makes up each page is located in the Stores>YourStoreName>Pages area. The codes for each page match the Screen name in the URL of your store (e.g. merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=dlandfansstore&Category_Code=i-like-ice-cream).

Some of the MivaScript items that generate the dynamic content can't be changed, so you may have to wrap the item with a classed div tag:
    Code:
    <div class="thisistedious">
    <mvt:item name="category_tree" />
    </div>
    and then use descendant selectors in your style rules to apply your styles to the generated content:
    Code:
    .thisistedious a:link {
    color: #ffffff;
    }
    hth