Default How do I set maximum dollar limit for orders?

Does Miva 4 have a way for me to set a maximum dollar amount for an order? I just got dinged with $215 in fees for a fraudulent $4700 credit card order. My average order is $30. I would like to set a $100 limit to avoid large fees for fraudulent orders in the future.

bill
    Seeds Trust, Inc.
    PO Box 596
    Cornville, AZ 86325
    http://www.seedstrust.com

Hello,

Does Miva 4 have a way for me to set a maximum dollar amount for an order?
    No, not as far as I'm aware of. I wasn't able to find a module that would enable it to do so, either. I don't think adding a maximum order value is really a great idea. Your next $4700 order could be a valid one!

I just got dinged with $215 in fees for a fraudulent $4700 credit card order. My average order is $30. I would like to set a $100 limit to avoid large fees for fraudulent orders in the future.
    How are you currently processing your credit card orders? Are you using a payment gateway with Merchant, or are you processing them offline (using simple card verification)? If you're using a payment gateway with Merchant you should be able to set it so that it only authorizes/verifies the card and name are legit after an order is place. Then, you can manually review the orders before sending them off for processing. Merchant 4 Manual: "Administer Order Processing"

Couple other things (if you don't mind).

1) I received browser warnings every time I clicked on any of your store's buttons (add to cart, delete from cart, etc...) related to data being sent through an unencrypted connection whilest being on a secure page. This may be related to a problem I posted a fix for here: "How to speed up Miva Merchant". Viewing the source for the pages within the Merchant areas of your site revealed that indeed it is setting the base url for each page to WestHost's shared server. You're using an earlier version of Merchant than I was when I posted that fix, so I'm not certain if there's anything else you have to change. I'm also not certain why it's using the shared secure server address instead of your own secure address. (It does, however, use your secure address when I enter the areas that are supposed to be secured, and for the buttons/forms that are to submit data securely.) Check your domain settings and see if the secure urls are all your own and not "https://secure.westserver.net/seedstrust/".

2) I made a "continue shopping" script in javascript for Miva Merchant. I used it when I was running a MM store, and it worked quite well. I posted the source here: Continue Shopping script. You'll have to modify it a bit if you plan to use it. You'll definately have to change all instances of "merchant.mvc" to "merchant.mv". This works a little better than the javascript history method as it won't return you to the basket page if you update or change the items in your basket.

HTH