Default Need Help! How do you customize your order form?

I'm a first time Miva user and until I can afford a web developer, am on my own. I've looked into all the Docs that Miva provides you with, but I can not find a single thing about customizing order forms. Can you do that with Miva Merchant? I've found something called Miva Order that claims to be able to do that, but looks more like a hosed-down version of Merchant, and all of its features seem to be included in Merchant anyway. Actually, I'm only selling one product - digital - and I'll be satisfied with just the rudiments. All I need to do with my order form is add & cut some fields, maybe have the entire order take place on one page. Where do I start?

All I need to do with my order form is add & cut some fields...
    Can you be a little more specific as to what you want to add and remove?

maybe have the entire order take place on one page
    I'm not aware of any module that can do this, but you can check MivaCentral to see if they have one.

My product is delivered online, so the Shipping Address is redundant. I'd like to add a "User ID" field, which is an 8-digit code. Do I have to use a Miva Module in order to perform those tasks? Thanks.

My product is delivered online, so the Shipping Address is redundant. I'd like to add a "User ID" field, which is an 8-digit code.
    Do I have to use a Module in order to perform those tasks? Thanks.
    Unfortunately, yes, you probably should use a module to do this.

One idea that I had was to accept the UserID as a product attribute and, if necessary, add that to the customer's account manually. You can create a custom customer field (activated in Store->Utilities->Custom Fields) to retain that information.

Another idea was to comment out the Miva generated customer details page --via the header and footer-- and make your own, but it would still show "Ship To" on the invoice page.

Sorry, I wish I could have come up with something better, but I can't fool around too much with the order forms on my live store.

Thanks anyway. I've been trying osCommerce lately and they seem to have really cool features, as well as lots of free modules. I'll see how that works out.