Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

In the Site Manager under the Email section there is an Alternate port application you can install that lets you use a port other then 25 for your email on that account. I tried finding the link in the WH documentation but couldn't find it.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

i know where to change the ports and i have tried it but it didnt work

i think i have tried everything

but nothing seemns to work. i am missing something but i dont know what it is

i called my isp and tried thier port but that didnt work

its only sending thats the problem

ive changed the server name to mail.site.com , site.com nothing workst

ugh.

thanks shawn

site.com would be what you need to use. If you now have a static IP then all you need for Username is the username without adding the @site.com to it. That is one of the main differences between Static IP accounts and Shared ones.

Do you have any firewalls or other type programs running on the computer? Anything that would shield or filter the normal operation of your email clients.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

shawn . i think i have tried everything,

i dont have the @site.com after the username

i have been on the thunderbird forums but still havent been able to fix it

i stopped the firewall and still didnt work

i am at my wits end

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by WestHost - MCox View Post
    That being said. You can set it up to be able to log into the same user at multiple domains if you switch over to use IMAP instead of POP3. IMAP does not use anything similar to a pop-lock like what you experience while using a POP3 server. You can switch to IMAP by installing the IMAP Server 1.0 application from your Site Manager.
    Hi Mark,
    Am I to understand that the "no duplicate user names on the server" is a POP issue? That if I switch over to IMAP that is no longer an issue?

Thank you in advance,
    Ptero'

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lclark View Post
    what do you meant, install via the site manager the alternate port application what is there. i havent looked thanks Lisa
    Hi Lisa,
    You can change your SMTP port in your email client but that port has to be open ("installed") on your email server as well. That's where "installing" the alternate SMTP port at your West Host domain control panel comes in.

I had a similar problem. I resolved it by going to the domain site manager and installing the alternate SMTP port (2525). I then changed the SMTP port in the email clients to that port. (I also changed the SMTP server name to the email's domain.)

At one site, I had to set up SMTP authentication (using the email address login credentials (user name and pwd)) . In that case, the site is using SBC Global DSL service that requires SMTP authentication on their SMTP server. Even though I'd changed the server name and port (no longer using SBC's), I still got "no relaying allowed" and other errors when trying to send mail. Once I implemented the SMTP authentication, it worked like a charm.

Oddly, at other locations using the same domain email (but different ISP's) I didn't have to use SMTP authentication. So, because it works w/o authentication in one location, doesn't mean it'll work in all locations.

W/ respect to your firewall being disabled, just because it's "off" doesn't mean it's really disabled. NIS is notorious for this. McAfee and Zone Alarm, too. I've only run across one firewall that is truly off when it's disabled - that's Comodo Firewall Pro (a free, fully functional (and excellent IMO) firewall).

Hopefully, this'll help.

Ptero'
    Last edited by Pterocarpous; 01-03-2008 at 07:32 AM.