I am trying to implement a calendar for a client and found a script by Extropia called webcal.

I have it up and running and it works great. I just wanted to add some features and the support board for it is pretty much dead.

Here's the calendar public view:
http://www.true-believers.com/cgi-bi...l/calendar.cgi

Right now, I'm trying to figure a way for it to search for events and bold the date in the sidebar month view.

I did find something in the support archives, but I can't make heads or tails of it. ops:

Code:
Subject: Re: Webcal: MonthNavWidget customization 
Ho Ming Shun: 
Thank you for your assistance. 

I have been able to do some changes here and there and create some extra perl scripts to export and email events. I would love to make these extra scripts work more in line with the various modules and Webcal logic, but I could only make it work as external scripts. It is not so easy to create modules for Webcal in the Webcal framework and my Perl skills are already limited! 

The original question: “How can I get the MonthNavWidget to search through the event database for days with events and have it bold the days number accordingly (in day view, month view and year view).” 

I had tried what you suggested in very broad terms, and I tried some more copying funtion from on file to another and trying to understand how each function relate. To no avail… the logic and relation between the various ttm and pm file and the syntax itself make it very difficult... 

Is there a simple snippet of code I could use that would work within the framework to check the event database for days with events… in a similar way to (only works in the month view since is then populated): 

[% IF data.sel_mon_data.$mday.size %] 

<b>[% day_cell | replace('DisplayMonthViewAction', 'DisplayDayViewAction') %]</b> 

[% ELSE %] 
[% day_cell | replace('DisplayMonthViewAction', 'DisplayDayViewAction') %] 

[% END %] 

Sorry to ask again without bringing much new to the table… may be someone has implemented something similar. 

Thanks in advance. 

Ho Ming Shun on 7/1/2002 9:18 AM said: 

>>Hi, 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>Thanks for asking, it's nice to know that others are making modifications, and bringing in innovative ideas into the product :> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>The modification you made is not working basically because the data for every day in the month is not being loaded when DisplayDayViewAction is executed. Based on previous operation of WebCal, you do not need that to happen :> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>Now we need to make DisplayDayViewAction load the data. The code to do that can already be found in DisplayMonthViewAction, but is too complex to explain in a posting like this.You need to bring that code into DisplayDayViewAction. 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>Another way is to hack DisplayMonthViewAction to populate the -SEL_MON_DATA even when it is not being called, except it does not cause a view to be displayed (by returning 0). 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>Anyways, best wishes in getting that to work and don't hesitate to contact us for assistance if you meet into more problems. 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>The logic to do that is basically the whole of the file 
>>
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Maida