Default Where are the newer versions?

Well back in June I was told that upgrading your server software is one of the top priorities, yet little or nothing has been done. A lot has been done with Dedicated Servers, but nothing has been done for your existing customers. We are forced to take matter in to our own hands which you claim “is not supported by WestHost”. So let me get this straight in order to use current software that has the features we need/want we have to install them our self in risk of :

a) Not being able to, because we do not have “root like” access as stated.
    b) Breaking something and having to pay WestHost to do something that should have been done in the first place.

The funny or not so funny thing about this is once you guys get up to par and install PHP 5 or MySQL 4, there will be even newer versions, so WestHost will always be behind the most recent STABLE versions.

So my suggestion is start doing something about this!!! THIS SHOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU GUYS!!!! If you look at this forum, dating back a year now your response has been “this is one of the top priorities for our team, we are currently looking into ways to update our software.” Well if this was actually true, something would have been done by now.

I am sorry for my words if they come across as harsh, but we have been with WestHost for some 5+ years, and WestHost 2.0 was the biggest thing that happened. Our contract for our accounts expires soon, I am sure I am not the only one who has been looking around elsewhere. I hope things get better because other than this MAJOR problem… WestHost is great!

By the end of this month we'll be launching the newly updated Site Application section of the Site Manager. This will come with several updated applications. With the development of this new tool it's also going to allow us to push out updates and new tools to you much faster in the future. So moving forward there won't be as much delay. We'll obviously need proper time to test things but no more of this 6+ month delays.
    Sincerely,

Christopher Russell
    President / CEO
    WestHost Inc.

When you expect more from your Web host
    http://www.westhost.com/

Thanks for the info Christopher!

Default For Christmas

Great. Hope we'll find an anti-virus scanner under the Christmas tree this year! :wink:

Ciao,
    Corrado Fiore

I second the request for an A/V!
    Fayez Zaheer