Default The additional Features for working with linked Tables have

I get this error with any db I create.

"Error.
    The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated."

I have moved my site over to Westhost and now the same exact config for my link management app (MySQL, PHP), does not work. I have installed it 5 times and done a complete fresh install. Nothing seems to work. On my old host it worked the first time I used it-- no problems. I also don't get the error message on my old host.

Is this a limitation on Westhost? My old host was using a newer version of phpMyAdmin.

I don't even know if the error is causing the problem I am having. The fresh install gets to my admin page, but dispalys nothing. On the same config moved over I get the error:

"There is some internal error in retrieving the records. Sorry for the inconvinence.Error reading database. Invalid link ID or other database read error."

which comes from the app itself.

Any ideas? Or should I switch back to the old host to keep things simple.

Cory

It is possible to activate the additional features. The documentation I used to set things up was accessibel by following the "To find out why click here" link then click on [ Documentation ] on the next screen.

The info is pretty straight forward but you do have to set up a new db and then setup some special privileges. The first time I did it I had no idea what I was doing and made it through so shouldn't be to bad. If you have a question let me know. It has been a couple months since I did it but I should be able to remember some of it if you have problems. It could be I would not have had to create the new database but it just seemed easier in the long run and kept the tables seperate from my other stuff. If you are transfering an existing set up it may be the first couple lines will be all you need to be concerned with but might be worth reading down a bit.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Thumbs down i have the same problem to generate relationship

PMA Database ... not OK[ Documentation ]
    General relation features Disabled

Have you followed the documentation link and set things up? It has been a long time since I have done this now so I am pretty foggy but as I mentioned before it was pretty easy. The new pma database had to be set up with correct permissions and then some changes to the config file where made.
    Shawn

Smile i have same problem while installing joomla

i don't know how to add database in documentation..
    please help me

If you have a WestHost account you can install phpMyAdmin via the Site Manager and use that to create the database.
    Shawn