Default PHP-Nuke: Anyone out their familiar?

Hello everyone,

I am not too sure whether this question belongs within this board area, but I could not find a better place for it to go, so figured General Discussion would be an okay place to post the question.

I have been working all day on trying to get PHP-Nuke to run on my site, but no such luck at the moment. I've had a lady who is very familiar with PHP-Nuke and I gave her my password and name to try and log in and see if maybe she could fix the problem. Anyone who is familiar with PHP-Nuke should know what I mean by logging into Admin.php. However, after I have uploaded and ftp'd all the PHP-Nuke HTML files and SQL I am still unable to get anything to appear on the admin.php page.

Is there anyone here that uses PHP-Nuke on their site hosted by WestHost who might be able to guide me through what they have done, or I could run by them what I have done and see if maybe we can find what I have done wrong? I'm desperately in need of some help, I'd really be thankful of any help received.

Walk in respect and love,
    BryceSED

I've used PostNuke (which is a derivative of PHPNuke) without problems. I set it up a couple of years back so my memory of the process may be a little faint...

BTW, it often helps if you can describe the error clearly (not just 'it doens't work') as it gives us a clearer idea of what may be wrong.

Nice avatar!

Hello,

Sorry about not being about to post the error message. I talked with West Host Tech about the problem and that there was no error message appearing. They said it was in the settings, so they changed them and an error message now appears. The error message is as follows:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /var/www/html/db/db.php on line 88

I have tried everything to fix it, I've read endless message boards that quote the same error message from searching google.com. Nothing seems to help the problem. I've checked my config.php file to see if all the data was correct, it is. I've double checked everything. It's all loaded in my database properly but I can't seem to get the information to display on my site with the above error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, I spent quite awhile looking through all the avatars until I found the one I enjoyed most. This one seemed to suit me best :wink:

Thanks for your fast reply and help.

BryceSED

Westhosts PHP has error reporting turned off by default I think. Which is the way you want it in a production environment, but doesn't help when you are trying to solve a problem. The setting is in the /etc/php.ini file if you need it.

Does the function exist in the file /db/db.php?

Hello,

Thanks anyways for the help. After about 3 more hours of playing with it, I figured out the problem. I was using "Local Host" instead of my domain name. Weird though, all the tutorials I read said leave it as Local Host, but West Host Tech said to change it to my domain name as the host, which in the end worked. So if anyone out there is having a similar problem, feel free to contact me, perhaps I can help walk you through it.

BryceSED

I want to do php nuke on my site. I am really glad that it works. I like the interactive ability it offers. So I am going to try my hand at it as soon as my domain transfers. :lol: Hopefully I can get it to work too. :lol:

i had exactly the same problem when i was setting up php-nuke on my site (rockfiend.com).

all you need to do is go and edit that line. replace the call to message_die() with die().