Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Miva set up - Lic # does not exist

I am trying to set up Miva. I referred back to my original email for an account # for Miva and do not see one and tried to just use the "WHost-" and then after clicking "Next" it popped up a box that said the LMN-VLD-"####": Licience number does not exist. Do I need to add that LMN-VLD-"####" behind WHost- then click "Next" for the set up? Do I need to contact Miva and what lic # do I give them. Should I have had a licence # in the welcome email? If so I didn't receive that. Just the IP, User ID and password was in that welsome email.

Murf

Just wanted to say I did find the lic # in another email after setting up Miva. I was having a senior moment and thought it was in the original welcome email when I set up the site. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future to look for the Miva welcome email.

Default Miva license # in "welcome letter"

Thanks, murf, for telling us to look for the lic # in a MIVA (not WestHost) welcome letter. I have been pulling my hair out all day, reading through every communication from WestHost since I joined 10/6, and looking for a magical Miva license number. So what you're saying is this: first I'll have to go as far as I can with Miva startup and then wait until I receive a welcome letter with a license number. Let's see what happens.

Just noticed a response to my post. Sorry it may be a bit late but may help others asking the same thing. Actually you get the licence number from a Westhost Email after you install the Miva under your manger settings. After installing you will receive a message from Westhost with a subject like... Instructions for Miva Merchant setup - "your website.com". You Licence # is in that message.

murf

Default Miva Merchant License Number

About how long does it take to recieve the Miva Merchant License Number upon installing it?

Looks like it took a couple of days after installing Miva Merchant through the Manager before I received the license number from WestHost Support Department. It was certainly not instant or automatic. It came in a message with the subject line <Instructions for Miva Merchant Setup - mydomainname>. I'm currently awaiting another license on another account.

Sorry, the subject line fell out of my message: "Instructions for Miva Merchant setup - mydomainname"

What do I do if I havn't recieved my license #? I've tried re-installing twice and still no e-mail.

Did you receive any email from WestHost Support with the subject of...

"Instructions for Miva Merchant setup - (your domain.com)"

The # is in that email if you received it. The message will let you know that Miva is set up followed by the other info you need to get started.

murf

Negative, No email yet.