Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Multiple Email Accounts with Multiple Domains

I called your sales department to talk about upgrading the the $18.95 Deluxe plan but was dissapointed to find out that you can't have multiple email accounts in conjunction with different domains. The option offered was redirecting the emails with an alias but I would like to be to have the ability to have dedicated emails along with the ability to log into webmail and access domain1.com seperately from domain2.com, and so on. Is this a feature that your company would be willing to work on and provide?
    Last edited by richardz; 10-31-2006 at 08:19 AM.

Default Re: Multiple Email Accounts with Multiple Domains

Quote Originally Posted by richardz
    I called your sales department to talk about upgrading the the $18.95 Deluxe plan but was dissapointed to find out that you can't have multiple email accounts in conjunction with different domains. The option offered was redirecting the emails with an alias but I would like to be to have the ability to have dedicated emails along with the ability to log into webmail and access domain1.com seperately from domain2.com, and so on. Is this a feature that your company would be willing to work on and provide?

Thanks,
    Richard Zmijewski
    I also would be interest in the ability to have separate email addresses for each domain. I thought this would be possible because customer of reseller would want their own email address for their site.

CM

Default Mutliple Emails through Reseller account

I don't know about multiple email domains on a standard or advanced package, but you can definitely do that with a reseller package if that is any help?

Default No Multiple email accounts

I've been up and running since 1998 and this is the first host I've used that allows multiple domains without allowing multiple domain email accounts. I'm very disappointed with this and would never have signed up with Westhost had I known in advance. Now I have to change hosts again before my 30 days are up for the refund.

Default looks like you can do it...

Salzan,
    Check out this post before you leave, it looks like there might be a way to do it, it just involves a little work:

http://forums.westhost.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1407

Default Also need to send replies

Thanks MacToph, but I'm not sure that method will work. I have commercial websites and I need to be able to reply to email from the proper addresses. If a client writes to mysite@domain.com, I don't want to send replies from someothersite@somewherelse.com :wink:

Hi Salzan

I have implemented the ideas in the thread MacToph pointed you to and it works fine.
    Here's a quick run down of what I did when creating the email account rob@pollen-8.co.uk:

1. Create a user in sitemanager which includes the domain that the perosn belogs to - e.g. rob.pollen-8.co.uk. Give the user email and ftp access (not sure if you need ftp - but I gave it anyway)

2.SSH into your site and type:

Code:
    cd /etc/mail
    vi virtusertable
    This will open the virtuser file. Scoll down to the bottom. You will have a list of entries for your user and each of the domains that you have enabled email for - eg:

Delete the lines for each of the domains that you don't want that user to access (press d twice to delete a line)
    And then edit the line (press x to delete chars) with the correct domain so that the email address is correct:
    Code:
    rob@pollen-8.co.uk                                    rob.pollen-8.co.uk
    Write and exit the file (type wq)

Remake the virtualusertable by typing

Code:
    makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable
    And thats it!

P.S. if you want to set up a catch all email address for a domain simply add this line into the virtualusertable

Code:
    @pollen-8.co.uk                           rob.pollen-8.co.uk
    This will send all emails for the domain pollen-8.co.uk to the user rob.pollen-8.co.uk[/code]
    <--R O B-->

Plus - isn't your reply from address set up in your email program rather than on the server?
    <--R O B-->

Default Thanks

Thanks for the support folks, I do appreciate the help but since I signed up with Westhost I've spent more time on the phone to support than I can remember for any issue. It's odd that this fix isn't implemented right away through support instead of leaving me on own to figure it out. I spent last night looking at other forums for info on this and discovered what you all went through with this host last Fall. Since I've had so much trouble already, and I'm not even here yet, I think I'll find another provider with an interface I'm more familiar with and not waste any more of anybody's time.
    Best wishes and good luck to you all.

Default Same Here

I share the same troubles as you, only I have been a WestHost customer for 5 years! I found this hack above out on my own, with NO HELP FROM WESTHOST! Once I found it I was very shocked on how easy it is to do. I do not know why WestHost does not update their control panel to make it user friendly for customers.

Any comments from WestHost?