Default content of previous maillists

Hello,

I was hoping someone here could help me out with this. Before the migration I had a maillist with quite a few addresses in it. I'd be willing to manually reenter them into a new mojomail list, but I can't find the content.

I did submit a request....on September 3rd....and I'm not sheepish about the fact this was done with an 'emergency' flag as this is very important to me. There has been no response from westhost, and I'd like to get these addresses back before I'm screwed any more than I already have been.

I'd like to think the contents of the maillist are somewhere in my account....I mean, there is no way these were simply discarded....is there? However, I've grep'ed until I can't grep no more, so a pointer would be greatly appreciated.

If they are gone, does anyone have any clue how one could convey to the support at westhost that such things are actually important and best be restored from tape backup quickly.....or even that a little note blowing it off is better than no response at all?

Thanks,

--greg

greg,

Do you have a ticket number or domain/maillist name we could go off of?
    Mark Stevenson
    WestHost Inc.
    Phone: 1-800-222-2165
    FAX: 435-755-3449
    http://members.westhost.com

When you expect more from your web host http://www.westhost.com/

Mark,

Yes, the ticket number is 77951, the domain name is octoberallied.com, the mailling list was called oa-list.

Brian Chambers got back to me today suggesting maybe the list had already been restored. If it has, I don't know where to look. As I said before, I've gone all over the account and can't find this.....so telling me where the mailllists migrated to during the change to 2.0 would be good enough for me. If they were discarded then tell me where to look for it to be restored to.

Just so there is no confusion, I created a new 'oa-list' in mojo mail. It is empty. I can take care of reentering addresses, so even just emailling me the addresses in that list from tape back-up would be good enough.

Thanks,

--greg

Default mojo

greg:

Do I understand you correctly and that you are planning to manually enter your mailing list in mojo? There is an import command in the control panel of mojo.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie. That will hopefully save me some time. As it is, I'd be willing to enter the **** list in hexadecimal format if I could just get that list of email addresses back at this point.

--greg

Default Lost maillist as well.

:shock: Greg we lost about 200 email addresses in the transition. Let me know if you get yours back or find the file somewhere. Thanks.

Matt.

Sure thing Matt.

I've had two less than reassuring responses to my ticket. I understand that maybe the people at westhost didn't realize what they were getting themselves into, so I'll leave it at that for now.

The worst part is that, for us, the maillist was really the only thing in the account that was worth anything too us.....and completely irreplaceable.

--greg

Default email addresses

To Matt & Gregg:

Have you tried FTP'ing back to your old account to search for your lists? I do not know if you can still do it but it was possible about a week ago.

You need your old IP address (ftp.yourdomain.com will not work), the old way username and old password if your password has changed.

Charlie

Default Old IP address OOPs dont remember

Thanks for the input. Wow I dont remember the old ip address. I might be able to go in and find it somewhere in my old records. If I can get in there I can't remember the correct directory, but I'll bet I can find it.