Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default non-branded help manual

How do we provide a non-branded (without Westhost logo/name) online help manual to our clients?

On the old one, I made my own by copying and pasting their pages into pages I created.

Smile

Has there been or will there soon be any progress on this front?

Obviously, a non-branded manual maintained by WestHost simultaneously with the branded manual would always be as up-to-date as possible without manual intervention on our partů

Fritz

I would like to see not only this but other "tools" developed by WH for Resellers. Quite frankly I have never used my resellers account to it's fullest potential simply because I find the whole branding issue difficult to work with.

All the clients I have under my resellers umbrella are fully aware of the fact that I am a reseller for WestHost and thus I have not had to deal with it much. I did rebrand the Site Manager but it did take me quite some time. I have never worked on rebranding any of the notifications and have all the contact emails set to an email address that is mine so I recieve any notifications and not any of my clients.

It seems as if resellers have very little support compared to regular account holders. I don't mean when I call in or submit a ticket but when it comes to the interface we use to control accounts. I don't believe any imporvements have been made since the move to then VPS system that are visible to use at least.

I understand that more then likely the bulk of WH users are regular account holders and thus improvements for them might come first but wonder if it is now time to look at some changes for resellers. I do feel that if things where made more user friendly that West Host would be able to intice more people to purchase a resellers account.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

It sounds like a lot of us resellers are utilizing our reseller accounts primarily for our own web site development clients. I do the same thing where I put my email as the site contact email.

But, like you, I would like to be able to expand to hosting-only clients and it would be a help to have some additional tools.

I agree. It's been a non-branded tech support problem for years with WH. I'm a site designer and provide hosting to my very non technical clients and they can really chew up my time that I can't bill for. I've asked for a non-branded manual more than once...but it doesn't come.
    DM aka LA_web24

Default Considering moving R/S accounts

I've had the same issues around branding for R/S. More importantly, though it's been the speed of installing and resolving the online account management.

We're now considering moving to another host provider.

~m

Any response from WestHost on this? Maybe we'll get it with 3.0?

Thanks, Fritz

coppercup,

The new Site Manager documentation doesn't contain the WestHost logo or our name in the URL. Doing a search through the documentation does return one single result with the WestHost name, but it is nested fairly deep within the Miva Merchant documentation.

That documentation is located at:
    http://www.helpdocs.westserver.net/v...ager/index.htm

One thing to note is that there are also a few links to certain pages on the WestHost site from within this documentation.
    Last edited by WestHost - MCox; 05-13-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Sincerely,

Mark Cox
    Data Center Administrator
    WestHost

When you expect more from your Web host
    http://www.westhost.com/

That was cleaned up about a month ago. A search on westhost now will turn up nothing. As a reseller you can feel comfortable giving that to your clients.
    Sincerely,

Christopher Russell
    President / CEO
    WestHost Inc.

When you expect more from your Web host
    http://www.westhost.com/