Default Aliases working?

A number of my WH4 Account Level Filtering aliases stopped working, or work erratically. I noticed this a couple of weeks ago. I've always had filter aliases to trap and discard spam mail that is still sent to old, unused former mail accounts. Now they regularly appear in my inbox. Has anyone else noticed recent problems?
    Alex
    summitlake.com

I haven't noticed any issues.

My question to you though is why even bother? If they are old addresses you no longer need or use just delete them and the mail will never arrive.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wildjokerdesign View Post
    I haven't noticed any issues.

My question to you though is why even bother? If they are old addresses you no longer need or use just delete them and the mail will never arrive.
    I used to get so much junk mail at my oldest addresses, e.g. "vendor@mydomain.com" that I created new ones. Over 5 years later, they still attract a lot of spam, and only spam, from old pamper lists I guess. When I deleted "vendor@mydomain.com", that spam was redirected to my default domain mailbox instead. I re-created the address. Under WH3 I used to FTP up to Mail every once in a while and just delete the whole file. Under WH4 I decided to create an alias for "vendor@mydomain.com" with the instruction to delete it. It seemed to work until recently.

SpamAssassin has mail_FROM blacklist filters, but not mail_TO filters.

But wait, there's more! I went to the Filters control panel the other day (when I started this thread) and maintenanced those aliases, from "equals" to "contains." I haven't seen a single email to "vendor@mydomain.com" in my Inbox since. Sometimes, the mere act of inquiring makes the problem go away? :-)
    Alex
    summitlake.com