Default Did WH move people from /manager to Cpanel???

One of my clients got the email about sites being compromised and the passwords being 'reset'.

He purchases the hosting directly from WH. I don't resell it.

According to my records he was set up on the hold site manager in 2005.. I don't have anythign about that changing (Although I just might not have gotten those emails).

If I go into /manager as I would for the old sitemanager, I get a URL NOT FOUND.

If I go into /cpanel, I get the login screen but the passwords we thought we had don't work. Right now, a call to support for password resets is "Que number is 11".

I figure i'll probably call back later at night.

My questions

1. Did WH move any clients from /manager to /cpanel??
    2. What do they mean by the "Reset the password?"

On top of everything, my client had his credit card compromised last week..

chris

No I don't think WH moves people from Site Manager to cPanel unless the request it. I still have quite a few accounts I work with that are on Site Manager and they have never been migrated.

They actually generate a new password for you and you have to use that to log in to cPanel once logged in you can change it if you want. It is more though then just a normal resetting of a password because on one account they gave me the new password but missed re-setting the account so I could get in. Had to contact them back and have them hit the "reset" button what ever that is.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Hey WJD - is there any other way to get passwords reset?? This recent debacle is a cluster- of epic proportions.. I've been on hold for an hour .. and I'm still #5.. I know westhost had a major problem but the executive weenies don't seem to be willing to put the staff on to fix the problem. I'ts midnight eastern. I was hoping for better service than during the day when I was #20 in line.

Well yes there is now but pretty sure this is after the fact for you. Sorry. I just received and email this morning explaining an alternative method of resetting the password that does not involve having to log in. Clients who still need to do this should receive the email. Do be aware that if you have already re-set the email you may very well still get this latest email but if you shouldn't have to re-set it again. This is stated in the email but some folks may miss that.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Sorry for the late reply to this thread.

wildjokerdesign is correct. WestHost does not migrate any clients from site manager to cPanel unless the client makes a special request for us to do so. If anyone has any questions regarding the migration from site manager to cPanel please contact our support team.

Adam