Default TimeWarner Customers Connectivity Issues with WestHost

For the past several weeks I've been losing connectivity throughout the day, but only with sites hosted by WestHost. It becomes even more frequent in the evenings and is especially when FTPing. Makes it hard to get any work done. No one seems to have answers. WH blames TimeWarner, stating that others are reporting the same issue but only TW customers. I've made it up to TW's level 3 support but no one sees anything wrong on their end. My tracerouts appear to make it to WH but then slow down before eventually reaching my server. At the same time, my speedtests are all above 20mbps and other sites come up fine. Ironically, WH's own forum, and ocassionaly home page, also becomes unresponsive during these times. Pretty desperate to solve this. Been with WH for 9+ years and a big fan. Never experienced anything like this in the past. Anyone found a work around yet?

Yes I am seeing the same thing, and yes I am on TimeWarner. Can't really prove it or have any hard data but I really do feel it is a TW issue. Then again I've battled with them so much on other things that I've decided to give up on them. Luckily I live in KCMO which is where Google is test marketing Google Fiber. Our neighbor hood is almost hooked up. Should only be a few more weeks before it makes it to the house.

All that being said there was a recent rash of hacks on sites. I personally had to deal with two sites. TW shared IP's do not have the best of reputations so I wonder if perhaps there is some filtering going on to try and detect malicious behavior and TW ip's are high on the list. The only thing is if that was the case you would think the slow down would be consistent.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by wildjokerdesign View Post
    Yes I am seeing the same thing, and yes I am on TimeWarner. Can't really prove it or have any hard data but I really do feel it is a TW issue.
    It could be TimeWarner. This started right around the time they blocked the local CBS affiliate on their cable irratating many sports fans. However, my frustration is that even if it's a TimeWarner issue, it's not just stopping me from from FTPing at inconvenient times but appears that it may also be preventing a segment of the public from from seeing sites hosted by WestHost at various times during the day (including WH's own site). Therefore, it's in WestHost's interest to work with TimeWarner to resolve.

BTW... I'm OK if this is just a little stutter on its way to being fixed. My concern is that I'm not sure anyone is driving the effort. If not WH, with their extensive toolkit, then can a few individual WH/TW customers get past scripted local support and actually achieve anything? (So far I've managed to get my modem restarted 4x and not much else) But I'm still hopeful that someone may unwittingly make a change to the network and all the world will be good once again. Well see...