Default How to Upgrade Roundcube

I currently have an older version of Roundcube installed on my server that does not have the Managesieve email rules plugin. It is extremely important that I have access to the rules capability.

I was told by Westhost Tech Support that I could install Roundcube via the Softaculous scripts and thus have the newest version. When I attempted to install it says it completes, but I receive the following message:

Code:
    ERROR: Wrong 'suhosin.session.encrypt' option value and it wasn't possible to set it to required value (0). Check your PHP configuration (including php_admin_flag).
    Could you provide me some guideance on the following:

1) Get the Managesieve rules up and running in my current version
    2) If 1 is not possible, then how do I install the latest version of Roundcube

I do have 35 current business users, mostly using Thunderbird client, and do not want this installation to cause them any problems.

Thanks,
    John
    relentlessohio.com

Ok, with some help from Tech Support and reconfiguring PHP, I now have the new version of Roundcube up and running. However, it is missing the Managesieve plugin.

Can someone direct me on how to install this so I can add mail rules?

I would also be interested in hiring someone to handle setting this up. I have alot on my plate, and am not an expert in this area. Please email me at jziebro@relentlessohio.com if you are interested.

Not 100% sure this is going to work since like you the Softaculous script gives me an error when I try to access the Roundcube URL, but the install did create the files and directory on the server and looking at them and compareing them with some info I found on the web I think you want to look into the directory where you told Softaculous to install Roundcube. So go to that directory then look inside the plugins/managesieve directory. You need to look for a file called config.inc.php.dist and make a copy of it renaming it to config.inc.php. One site I was on stated that you need to change the following in that file.
    PHP Code:
    $rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190
    Not sure if that is needed or correct. Keep it in mind though since you may need to come back to that in this file and play with the port number.

The other file you need to look at is config/main.inc.php. Remeber these paths are relative to where you installed Round Cube. You need to look for and change this;
    PHP Code:
    $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve'); 
    I found it and in my install it was a blank array so you should be able to just copy and past the above over that line or simply add managesieve to the array.

Now thier where a few sites that mentioned having to modify the dovecot config file but pretty sure we do not have access to that and is an install that is shared with other users.

Try the above first and see what happens. I'll play with my install some more latter and see if I can get it working and then try the above edits. BTW did WH say what they did to get your install of RC working? Did the perhaps create a custom php.ini file that is showing up in your main diretory or even the install directory of RC? I am thinking that is where I need to look to get my install working but would help if you could shoot me a copy of your php.ini if indeed you have one.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Question

Shawn,

Thank you for the help. WH Techs did take a look at my install and made a small change (didn't tell me what) that got Roundcube working.

I did find the files you mentioned and made the changes, however, Managesieve or any rules are still not showing up in Settings in Roundcube. Any more ideas?

-John

I was able to get RC working, but am getting a 404 error when I try to access Settings > Filters in the RC install. To get this far I had to set this in plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php.
    PHP Code:
    $rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 993
    So I think I have the right port now but, I had a look at the plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php file and see a setting that is as follows;
    PHP Code:
    $rcmail_config['managesieve_default'] = '/etc/dovecot/sieve/global'
    There is no such directory/file on the server so I think that is where my failure is now. I haven't been able to sort out where dovecot is on the server yet but I think if I can find this I may be a bit closer. Might be something you can ask support. Pretty sure we won't have access to dovecot. I really am not the up on the mail system so just kind of guessing at things based on what I see in files and such.
    Shawn

I think it is the $rcmail_config['default_host'] and $rcmail_config['default_port'] settings. Looked in the logs directory for the RC install and saw
    PHP Error: Unable to connect to managesieve on ...
    After that it list the combinations of the above that I tried. Just not sure what combination it wants.

Below that I get some other errors but not sure they relate to this issue although there is a MySQL server has gone away error showing up so maybe that is an issue... have not explored db yet. I assumed since the other parts of the interface where working that connection to database was ok.
    Shawn

I am going to run this by WH Techs and see what they say.

So from what I am hearing, I can't even reference Dovecot's location because I have a shared server account and Dovecot is built into cPanel, which shared servers can't access. The funny thing is, I don't want to change anything, just reference its location. I am going to throw in a ticket and escalate per WH Chat Tech's direction. They said they might allow me an exemption. Ill let you know what I find out.

-John

I wondered if this would be the case. Do let me/us know what you end up with.
    Shawn