Default Purple Yin Guestbook not supported in VPS?

I am troubleshooting the non-functioning Purple Yin Guestbook. Their forum suggests that the error I am receiving is caused by my host not providing the FreeType library and GD library. I'll have to take their word for it. I have a ticket in on it and will post the results.

Both should be available to you. If you want to double check then create a php file with the following in it.
    Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    Upload to your server then check it out via the browser. Scroll down and look for gd... should be right past filter and ftp.

Have you double checked all your paths?
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by wildjokerdesign View Post
    Both should be available to you. If you want to double check then create a php file with the following in it.
    Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    Upload to your server then check it out via the browser. Scroll down and look for gd... should be right past filter and ftp.

Have you double checked all your paths?
    I'll give it a try --thanks!

This is what I got....I assume gd-native-ttf is what I'm looking for. Back to the drawing board!

'./configure' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-phar' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-zend-multibyte' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libexpat-dir=/usr' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mm=/opt/mm/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pic' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-pspell' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-tidy=/opt/tidy/' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'
    Last edited by Lucky; 04-08-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Fixed. I reinstalled. Hopefully I'l be able to use the same db.

Unless you where using an older version of the software, you should be ok. You just need to use something like phpMyAdmin to import you information from the original DB into the new one. If they are different versions then check the documentation on the PurpleYin site and see if perhaps there is an upgrade script that can be run to upgrade an older database to the new one.
    Shawn

BTW: In regards to your post before that. ""--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' ". Is what you where looking for although with phpinfo(); you can scroll down the page and it gives more user friendly output of everything installed and latter in the page there is a heading of "gd" and in that table it shows that free-type is enabled.
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by wildjokerdesign View Post
    BTW: In regards to your post before that. ""--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' ". Is what you where looking for although with phpinfo(); you can scroll down the page and it gives more user friendly output of everything installed and latter in the page there is a heading of "gd" and in that table it shows that free-type is enabled.
    Thanks. That's good info. And the database copied over fine. It was just a file and not an sql db. It was easier to reinstall than I expected. When I did it with the shared account, it was a one-step, automatic process so I hadn't set it up before myself and thought it would be hard. But it was simple using the instructions on the Purple Yin website.

I would bet that there where some path issues with just copying the files over that installing new fixed. Glad you got it all sorted!

You know you might want to look into using some new software. The new cPanel accounts use Softaculous located under Software/Services. It has a ton of cool programs that you can click and install. If you use it to install programs you can even upgrade them with a simple click. They don't have PurpleYin but they do have quite a few other Guestbooks and you might find one you like more. What is nice is that you can install these anywhere you want on your site. So you can always install one in a temporary directory to try it out then if you like it keep it or install it somewhere else and use it with your site. Just something to think about down the line. I am sure right now you are just focused on getting everything moved and working.
    Shawn