Default Anti-Spam Filter on cPanel Blocking All Mail

I checked the log on my anti-spam filter and about half of the mails are marked accepted and half rejected.

But NONE are sent to my inbox!

This is costing me money. So I'm eager to fix it.

Support tells me to lower the spam tolerance. That's fine, but if it's not passing through the existing mails marked ACCEPTED, why would it send any more of them?

It will not release the quarantined mails, either. When I check Action > Release, the mail does go to my inbox, but it's labelled Mail Delivery Failure and unreadable.

Chat support told me how to configure the MX records, so I don't think that's the problem.

Any ideas are appreciated!

I have changed the filter settings from
    .85 Quarantine Threshold
    .8 Tag Threshold

to
    1.0 Quarantine Threshold
    .9 Tag Threshold

to see if that will pass mail through to my inbox. If those are not the correct settings, please let me know!

Anti-Spam filter still not letting ANY of my mails pass through. No explanation.

What happens if you un check the "Quarantine Enabled" box in "Filter Settings"? As I mentioned in reply to your email I don't use this service but found the information on it in the KB. http://kb.westhost.com/questions/123...ering+tools%3F According to the info there if you don't enable the above then the email is filtered but all email is then sent on to your server instead of held at the filtering server. This is a third party service which means if set up correct all your email first goes to their severs then is moved to your server. I would think that if you turned of the Quarantine then everything although filtered should be sent on to your server. I did not find an indication of it in the KB but do you have any setting for where the email is forwarded on to once filtered? If so does it look to be set right?

Is there any chance that the emails are getting caught by Grey listing?
    If a message is sent and does not arrive in your inbox, please note that it may have been caught in the "greylist." If so, the sending server (if properly configured) should attempt to re-deliver the message automatically over a period of time.

If the message needs to be re-delivered sooner, have the user manually retry after 10 minutes. Note that you may receive both copies after their server automatically retries the first.
    Just throwing some ideas out there with the limited information I can find on this.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by wildjokerdesign View Post
    What happens if you un check the "Quarantine Enabled" box in "Filter Settings"?.
    Hi, Shawn. I appreciate the help. I've unchecked the quarantine. And so far nothing has changed. I'm still getting no mail at all.

None of it is being passed on to my mailbox.

The only answer from chat support (and Level One support) is to change my tolerance levels. I set them to the lowest possible setting and nothing has changed. Still no mail. That's not surprising to me. Why would lowering the tolerance to ACCEPT more mail help when all the e-mails currently labelled ACCEPTED are not being passed through?

We do you have your ticket in the queue with our admin team. Simultaneous to your issue, we've been managing an update to our internal firewall (separate from the third party spam filter you are using) to resolve some intermittent delivery delay issues for a variety of services. I will continue to work with you through the ticket and with our admin team.
    Isaac Furniss
    Technical Support Team Manager
    Contact Support: E-mail | Live Chat | Twitter

http://www.westhost.com/

A system administrator finally looked into my problem.

Apparently cPanel detected that the MX record was pointed to another server (the anti-spam filter server) and automatically configured my server as a remote domain. At that point, my server was not accepting e-mails.

I can't be the only person using the anti-spam filter, so I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.

There are still some problems to be ironed out. There's still no mail in my webmail boxes for Roundcube and Squirrel only Horde.

But at least we are one step closer to a resolution.

Regarding my webmail issue, a systems administrator found that my "the subscription for those mail boxes was disabled and that is why they were not shown in RoundCube and Squirrel Mail."

I'm not sure why those mailboxes where disabled. But the webmail problem is now fixed.