Default webalizer stats folder, can this be password protected?

Webalizer creates an accessible folder called stats can this be password protected with cPanel, without effecting the ability of webalizer to populate this folder?

Yes pretty sure it can. Password protecting a folder via cPanel should be through Apache which keeps people from accessing the folder via a browser. Webilizer is reading and writing to the file via local access and not through apache. That being said where is the directory located? Been some time since I looked at the structure of Webilizer. If it is not located within the public web root then there really is not need to protect it. In fact more then likely even if it is Webilizer has already protected it in other ways. Most programs do protect system file directories from public access.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Hi Shawn

I was surprised to see that it was created in the public root. If this is a setting within WH I would think this should be changed. I'll try to use the cPanel protection.

I have switched from Awstats, which I liked much better, but I have been told that it was causing resource limits?? If that is true wouldn't it be causing resource limits for everyone on WH that is using it?

thanks

If there are any QC people watching this thread, could you check into this ticket : Re: [#1016015] I need help with memory/ resource use.

Is there a problem that everyone should be aware of with Awstats? what other tickets are you receiving for: sl-507-13.slc.westdc.net ?