Default Alias to multiple addresses.

I've been trying to figure this out for the last couple days and I've hit a wall.

I have a 3.0 account and a 4.0 account. I'd like to upgrade the 3.0 account eventually, but I have email/alias issues I need to resolve first.

In my 3.0 account I have several email aliases that act more like lists in that they forward to multiple addresses. I notice that 4.0 alias cannot do this. Is there anyway I can replicate the 3.0 behavior in 4.0?

Thanks.

Hmm.... this should be possible. Give me a sec and let me check a couple of things if you are still on-line.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Yeah pretty easy really. Log in and go to Forwarders under Mail. Click the Add Forwarder button. Type in the aliase you want to forward to and select the domain of said aliase if you have more then one domain on the account. Then in the Forward to email address input type in the email account you want to forward to.

That being said why aren't you simply using the Mail > Mailing Lists feature in cPanel? Seems that would be an easier route. Pretty much replicates what you are doing in Site Manager (3.0) only easier.
    Shawn

Ok I kind of get why someone may not want to use the Mailing List feature in cPanel. It may be overkill for what they want to do since it has a public front and signup area. While it can be restricted and controlled it may just be easier to create multple forwarders for the alises. Also in case I was not clear when you create an Forwarder the email you put in does not have to real one. Just type in what you want for an aliase and it is created for you. Once you have set up a couple of these check trace on one of them and you'll notice see how it is routing to more then one email.
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by wildjokerdesign View Post
    Yeah pretty easy really. Log in and go to Forwarders under Mail. Click the Add Forwarder button. Type in the aliase you want to forward to and select the domain of said aliase if you have more then one domain on the account. Then in the Forward to email address input type in the email account you want to forward to.
    This method only allows me to input one email address as the forwarding one. I want it to go to 2 or more.

That being said why aren't you simply using the Mail > Mailing Lists feature in cPanel? Seems that would be an easier route. Pretty much replicates what you are doing in Site Manager (3.0) only easier.
    I did try that, but it didn't seem like it directly correlated to the same feature. I don't really need all the subscription features because I'm the only seeing these emails. I suppose I could take another look at it, but this was so much easier to do in 3.0 and one of the main reasons I haven't switched yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chbimun View Post
    This method only allows me to input one email address as the forwarding one. I want it to go to 2 or more.
    Yes you can only enter one forward email at a time but you can have one alias that is sending to more then one email by simply repeating the action.
    That was actually a bit wrong.... You can put in more then one email address at a time. It simply must be entered as a comma separated list... see below.
    Last edited by wildjokerdesign; 09-24-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Correction of wrong information.
    Shawn

Yes you can only enter one forward email at a time but you can have one alias that is sending to more then one email by simply repeating the action.
    Well that is the extra bit of info I needed! Thought you could only do it once and that's it. Awesome!

Oh just found out a bit of more information. If you want you can put in more then one email address to forward to at one time! You simply have to put a comma between each email address. That might be easier for you. So you would put something in like this
    Code:
    email1@example.com,email2@example.com,email3@example.com
    No spaces just a comma between each.
    Shawn

Oh just found out a bit of more information. If you want you can put in more then one email address to forward to at one time! You simply have to put a comma between each email address. That might be easier for you. So you would put something in like this
    Code:
    email1@example.com,email2@example.com,email3@example.com
    No spaces just a comma between each.
    MUCH easier. I was thrown off by the angry red X when trying that a few times. Didn't consider just going for it and doing it anyway.

Yes that is what threw me also but once you get the full addresses in with the commas between it turns a pretty green.
    Shawn