Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    30

    Unhappy Lots of Problems with Dedicated Server

    I have been a WestHost customer for years and have always been satisfied with the shared-hosting account I have. I have a website that I host with another host that has grown until it stalls and freezes up every week day between 10 AM and 2 PM or so and decided to take the plunge and get a dedicated server with WestHost since their service has always been good. And move that slow website over to the new server.

    But I have had nothing but trouble with the process. Last night I signed up for and paid for the cheapest unmanaged dedicated server ($95). Within a minute or two, I received an e-mail with all the information I would ever receive: my user name and password for the control panel at cp.westhost.com. I thought, based on my experience with shared hosting that I would receive the same kind of information you get when signing up for shared hosting: path information, mail servers, ftp information, nameservers, etc,

    But I didn't receive anything like that. I assumed that was because I opted for an unmanaged account. I logged in with the password I was given but the functionality it gave me access to was way beyond my ability. I chatted with support and they said I needed to pay for Cpanel which is an extra $25 a month if I wanted functionality similar to shared hosting. Still, $125 a month for a dedicated server is not bad and I didn't mind. So I added the Cpanel service. The problem is that it appears as an add-on service but when I click on the link to Cpanel I cannot connect. In addition, I cannot connect to the only IP address associated with the account.

    Support thinks that it's because my domain, which is hosted with a domain registrar, isn't pointed to the new server. But I don't want to point the domain to the new server until I know it works. The normal thing to do is move files and scripts, test them, and then change the name servers. As it is now, after 12 hours of troubleshooting, I have yet to be able to connect via ftp or browser. Is it really that hard to set up a new, blank account?

  2. #2

    Default

    Hey Lucky,

    Sorry to hear about the troubles you're seeing with this. Would you be able to PM me the domain name on your dedicated server, as well as any relevant ticket numbers, so I can make sure we get this taken care of for you?
    Nathan Collings
    Level 2 Technical Support Rep

    http://www.westhost.com/

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    30

    Default Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ncollings View Post
    Hey Lucky,

    Sorry to hear about the troubles you're seeing with this. Would you be able to PM me the domain name on your dedicated server, as well as any relevant ticket numbers, so I can make sure we get this taken care of for you?
    Thanks very much for the offer. I tried to PM you but I think I don't have sufficient privilege.. I'll see if i can figure out your e-mail address and e-mail you.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    30

    Default New Account

    Quote Originally Posted by ncollings View Post
    Hey Lucky,

    Sorry to hear about the troubles you're seeing with this. Would you be able to PM me the domain name on your dedicated server, as well as any relevant ticket numbers, so I can make sure we get this taken care of for you?
    Sorry --wasn't able to find your e-mail address. But the ticket numbers are:

    855592 (On Hold)

    856420 (Open)

    856466 (Open)

    Thanks again,
    Ray

  5. #5
    Moderator wildjokerdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kansas City Mo
    Posts
    5,721

    Default

    With cPanel installed you should be able to get things up and going. I am sure Nathan will get you taken care of. If it is a dedicated IP you should be able to connect without the name server change.

    At this point it may not be useful but in the future if you want to do something like this it may be worth it to register a new domain name and point it to the new dedicated server that you are are setting up. I did this with one account I set up with WestHost. I purchased the .net variation of a domain I already had to be the base of the new account. Wasn't a dedicated but was a re-seller account so would have had a similar WHM/cPanel set up you would have I think. Since you are moving into the realm of unmanaged dedicated server you may want to keep the documentation over at cPanel in your bookmarks. http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vie...HMDocs/WebHome
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

    Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildjokerdesign View Post
    With cPanel installed you should be able to get things up and going. I am sure Nathan will get you taken care of. If it is a dedicated IP you should be able to connect without the name server change.

    At this point it may not be useful but in the future if you want to do something like this it may be worth it to register a new domain name and point it to the new dedicated server that you are are setting up. I did this with one account I set up with WestHost. I purchased the .net variation of a domain I already had to be the base of the new account. Wasn't a dedicated but was a re-seller account so would have had a similar WHM/cPanel set up you would have I think. Since you are moving into the realm of unmanaged dedicated server you may want to keep the documentation over at cPanel in your bookmarks. http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vie...HMDocs/WebHome
    Thanks for the advice. It seems, based on what I experienced, that that is sound advice.

    EDIT: Those docs were and are extremely helpful.

    To spare anyone further grief, I just received an e-mail notifying me that Cpanel was installed and it seems to be working. I can connect to it. Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by Lucky; 09-18-2012 at 10:56 AM.

  7. #7

    Default

    Sorry for not getting back to you earlier this morning. I'm glad that everything was worked out. Sorry for any trouble in getting this worked out, but don't hesitate to let me know if you see any other issues.
    Nathan Collings
    Level 2 Technical Support Rep

    http://www.westhost.com/

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncollings View Post
    Sorry for not getting back to you earlier this morning. I'm glad that everything was worked out. Sorry for any trouble in getting this worked out, but don't hesitate to let me know if you see any other issues.
    Oh, that's OK. I figured that you must have been working nights and hadn't come into work yet. Thanks again for the quick attention. Everything seems to be working.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •