Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't have the catch all on. My address is posted in a lot of spots on the internet. It makes it very difficult for people to interact with me and my company if it isn't. I have RBLs and SpamAssassin to combat that fact. Auto learn is on. Bayes is on. Here is an example message that just came through:

X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.4 (2008-01-01) on
    wsl00018.west-datacenter.net
    X-Spam-Level:
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.5 required=4.0 tests=BAYES_00,RDNS_DYNAMIC
    autolearn=no version=3.2.4

Your Status:
    Date: June 4th 2012
    Up To: 1000.00
    ================================================== =========

We can give you 100 days! Find out more information today.

No worries until September. We can give you 100-days-to-begin_repayment. Not two-weeks-like-the-other-guys.
    For more information on how-to-get-your-advance-in-just-a-few-hours, navitage-here:
    http://eforwardct2.martiian.com/more...&tyu=983089608

Your safety is of the greatest importance to us. Our site uses SSL technology to ensure a secure connection.
    For more information please refer to the below link:
    http://eforwardct2.martiian.com/more...0&tyu=21386202

Regards,
    Julie Fisher

Use this to stop these notices and change your mail options:
    Or you can wite to the following snail mail address:

120 E Freedom Way Unit 502 | Cincinnati OH 45202-3468
    http://eforwardct2.martiian.com/more...0&tyu=32772406

New rules for MLB draft include a cap on player bonuses

Toni L. Sandys/The Washington Post - Nationals General Manager Mike Rizzo and other MLB teams will be dealing with new draft regulations on player bonuses for the first time.
    Text Size PrintE-mailReprints

Add the days together and Roy Clark has spent roughly one month of his life barricaded in draft rooms. He was the Atlanta Bravesb?? scouting director for 11 years, and for the past three has been the Washington Nationalsb?? assistant general manager of player personnel. It is not often he sees something new inside those walls, but Monday night he will.

b??This will be the first year that web??re going to actually have a calculator,b?? Clark said.

The Nationals will join the rest of Major League Baseball on Monday night in the first draft since this winterb??s new collective b argaining agreement changed the rules about how much money clubs can spend on the draft. The Nationals, picking 16th overall, will be allotted $4.4 million for their first 10 picks, the result of baseballb??s effort to restrain the kind of draft spending the Nationals employed for the past three years.

The Nationals also will deal with a welcome change in the draft order. Their 80-81 record last year put them in the middle of the first round after they picked in the top 10 for five straight years.

b??Itb??s a lot less clear the type of player web??re going to get,b?? General Manager Mike Rizzo said. b??Picking in the middle of the pack, you put together a list and the next guy on the top of the list is the guy youb??re going to take. Itb??s hard to plan.b??

The Nationals built one of the sportb??s best farm systems with aggressive spending on the draft. Selecting Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper enhanced their budget, but the Nationals anticipated more restrictive rules on draft bonuses and planned three years ago to bet big on the draft. Last year, when they picked sixth overall, the Nationals dropped $16.5 million on deals for their top five picks alone.

b??We understood what was going to happen this year,b?? Clark said. b??Thatb??s why we were much more aggressive, especially with the four guys we signed at the deadline. This yearb??s draft, on the surface, is not as deep as the last few years.b??

All 30 teams have a cap on signing bonuses for picks in the first 10 rounds, depending on when they pick and the number of compensatory picks they have. The cap ranges from the Minnesota Twinsb??$12.4 million to the Los Angeles Angelsb?? $1.6 million. Teams also are no longer allowed to sign players to major league contracts, which the Nationals handed out to Strasburg, Harper, Anthony Rendon and Matt Purke.

If teams spend more than their cap amount, the penalty is punitive to the point of being prohibitive: a 75 percent tax for exceeding the cap by 5 percent, up to a 100 percent tax and the loss of two future first-round picks for exceeding the bonus allotment by more than 15 percent.

Clark felt instant comfort with the new rules. He worked for 11 years as the Bravesb?? scouting director under John Schuerholz, who started as general manager and later became team president. Schuerholz stuck so strictly to the slot bonuses that Commissioner Bud Selig named him the head of the leagueb??s Draft Reform Committee.

Clark loved drafting with the Lerner familyb??s unlimited checkbook, but his experience allowed him to outline to others in the Nationalsb?? draft room how the draft would unfold with a strict budget.

b??Web??re going to take it as we always have,b?? Rizzo said. Web??re going to put the board together ability-based and web??ll do our due diligence on the health, makeup and signability of all the players. Web??re going to pull the trigger and take the best player available.b??

But the rules will make for some debate, none more fascinating than the case of California high school right-hander Lucas Giolito. He was projected for most of the year as the possible first overall pick, but a strained elbow ligament moved him down draft boards. Giolito still wants to be paid like a top choice, though, and if he is not, he could honor his commitment to UCLA.

The Nationals, then, could be among the teams faced with a new dilemma: Should they exhaust the majority of their bonus money on one supremely gifted player and sign lesser, but more signable, talents with the leftover scraps?

b??Thatb??s a good question,b?? Clark said. b??Ib??m not sure how thatb??s going to play out.b??

Clark doubted the Nationals would go with that kind of all-or-nothing strategy.

b??I donb??t think, at 16, that guy is going to be out there this year,b?? Clark said. b??Itb??s not like web??re picking 1.b??

Agent Scott Boras blasted the system when it was first announced on the grounds that it will weaken baseballb??s talent pool. (Needless to say, it will also decrease his take from the draft.) If teams are unable to lure elite athletes with exorbitant bonuses, he argues, then MLB could lose them to college football.

b??Baseball is making more money than itb??s ever made,b?? Boras said. b??The reason these guys play this sport, they knew there was an appropriate structure for them to be appropriately compensated.b??

With the new rules in place, the Nationals will try to find their next young star. Sunday afternoon, Clark stood in the tunnel between the Nationalsb?? dugout and field, discussing the kind of player the Nationals hoped to draft, as Harper walked behind.

b??Somebody like a Bryce Harper,b?? Clark said, laughing and slapping him on the shoulder.

The message was sent to, and meant only for: matt@compunlimited.com
    The fact that this receives a -2.5 tells me either the rules are jacked, or that SA needs to be trained. I really don't want to beieve Westhost support that I have to just suck it up for 3 weeks because SpamAssassin is so old, but I'm not a big fan of the idea that they're wrong, either. I just want this level of obvious spam to stop.

Well you are on the older Site Manager system. In all fairness they have been offering the newer cPanel accounts for some time urging people to update to them. If you wanted to move to a new account right away you could simply do so by ordering it and changing your DNS to point to the new account. The thing is that the site files have to also be moved along with any specialized programs you may have installed. Three weeks is most likely because they only have so many technicians that work on this type of transfer and they may be booked up pretty heavily right now.

Remember you can train SA in the older Site Manager account using the alternative method you found posted. You just need to collect some of these spam messages into a directory so you can then issue the commands.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Have a look at this: http://forums.westhost.com/showthrea...d-1-18-2010%29

It is issac's suggestion for which RBL services to use. Perhaps changing this would help in the short term. Remember though that this can create false positives and reject legitimate mail. You might want to set up a contact form on your site as an alternative for people to get in contact with you. That way if they do get blocked they have an alternative way to get in touch.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Have you thought about Obfuscating your email address on the contact us page? A google search for email obfuscator should yield plenty of options for you and help prevent your email address from being harvested by spammers.

Feel free to submit a request to review your account for a migration from 3.0 to 4.0 so we can review your account and get you migrated over. We have been trying to get these done as quickly as possible and will provide you with some coupon codes to get started.

http://www.westhost.com/contactus.html

--

Don't forget to look through our new knowledge base at http://kb.westhost.com/. Thank you for choosing Westhost!

Chad Baragrey
    Technical Support Representative
    WestHost - Believe in Better Hosting
    Phone: 1-800-222-2165
    Fax: 435-755-3449

Bringing this post back from the dead!

Took about a month, but got my files on to the new cPanel. Have been using the SA Autodelete feature to (only?) deal with 20 spam messages a day. Today they jumped back to 120+. All headers are now showing:

X-Spam-Status: No, score=
    X-Spam-Score:
    X-Spam-Bar:
    X-Ham-Report:
    X-Spam-Flag: NO

Which to me says SpamAssassin is asleep at the wheel. Separately, 20 junk emails a day when SpamAssassin is set to autodelete anything with 4 stars is too much. I am attempting to setup sa-learn now, but would love to see a walk-through by someone with westhost that's done it. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_B View Post
    Have you thought about Obfuscating your email address on the contact us page? A google search for email obfuscator should yield plenty of options for you and help prevent your email address from being harvested by spammers.

Feel free to submit a request to review your account for a migration from 3.0 to 4.0 so we can review your account and get you migrated over. We have been trying to get these done as quickly as possible and will provide you with some coupon codes to get started.

http://www.westhost.com/contactus.html

--

Don't forget to look through our new knowledge base at http://kb.westhost.com/. Thank you for choosing Westhost!

Chad Baragrey
    Technical Support Representative
    WestHost - Believe in Better Hosting
    Phone: 1-800-222-2165
    Fax: 435-755-3449

Would you be able to PM me your domain name, so that I can take a look at your SpamAssassin? Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to find a ticket in our ticket queue that I believe is in regards to this issue. I've snagged that ticket, and will look into it for you. We'll let you know when we have more info.
    Nathan Collings
    Level 2 Technical Support Rep

http://www.westhost.com/