Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry A lot of problems with Mysql on the server

I don't know what is happen with the MySql software on Westhost.
    It's now 3 weeks ago that I started with ask support for database errors:
    MySQL Error : MyISAM table 'attachmentviews' is in use (most likely by a MERGE table). Try FLUSH TABLES.
    The same error is display for:

MyISAM table 'threadviews' is in use (most likely by a MERGE table). Try FLUSH TABLES.
    MyISAM table 'blog_views' is in use (most likely by a MERGE table). Try FLUSH TABLES

That not only also the TEMP files in my database will be not deleted anymore, so the database is growing.

After support from Westhost my database was full of errors.
    I do not understand that there is no backup will be created as they work to a live database recovery was not possible anymore because a legacy database copy which had to be placed back.

Than I ask support from Vbulletin
    This is there answer:
    This is a server issue. Most likely MySQL doesn't have permission to delete lock files in the temporary partition. Since this tasks runs once an hour, you would get the error every two hours until the server issue is resolved. You need to contact your host as this is not something that we can fix through vBulletin technical support.

And Westhost:
    As I look at your account, I see this user has full permissions on the database.
    It looks like the problem was an orphaned .frm file, specifically, the contenttype.frm file. I have moved this file out of the database, as I was hesitant to fully delete it, as the MySQL document says is the fix for orphaned .frm files.

But that's not working good. some tables are gone and needed be repair[ make
    A other level 1 support for Westhost wrote this:
    If you wanted you could setup a cron on the server to run

mysql -e 'FLUSH DATABASES;'

I know that this doesn't completely resolve the issue, but it might make it a little easier to keep your website online without you having to restart it while we investigate further.

Back to Vbulletin support:
    You shouldn't have to set up a cron to flush the tables, they should be automatically flushed when MySQL closes the connection. At least if permissions are set correctly.

and Westhost support:
    These are SQL errors, they are going to be errors in the code of VBulletin, which falls outside the scope of technical support, as custom software. The best thing I could do for you with this issue is refer you to VBulletin support.

and Vbulletin support
    If it were a bug in the software, this issue would have affected 10s of thousands of websites across hundreds of hosting providers since 2005 when the threadviews table was added. I guess if you're going to stay with that host, you will need to apply their workaround for the permissions issue.
    I'd recommend looking for a more stable host in the future as well.

That's it, so after a couple of years it seems that I must search to a other hosting company.
    I have a Reseller Plus account and I may expect that servers are good.
    I know that they have than work on my server because I had isue with the Cpanel ( no database was visible in Cpanel)
    Sorry to say but no one from Westhost can't make the solution on this errors.
    I believe that the Support of Vbulletin has it right.
    If Vbulletin isn't ok, than 10s of thousands of websites have the same errors.
    I go looking for another hoster because I have no other choice
    Last edited by aberg; 02-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.

While it may not be VB that is the issue it could be a customization you have added to the program. I am not familiar with VB but I know that other forum softwares allow you to add third party plugins, apps or mods. Often those additions are the root of the problem. In cases like that I try to get back to the original state of the program by removing or deactivating the additions. I then one by one add them back in and then check to see if the problem arises.

When you have contacted WestHost, how have you done it? Have you used the support ticket system? If so continue to reply to the same ticket. That way the entire support history is there for them to see. Often you'll get a lower level support person that does not realize that it is an ongoing problem if you use something like Chat or Phone in support. Using the ticket system makes it more likely they are going to understand what is going on.

Don't forget that just like VB there are hundreds of users at WestHost who are using the VB program with no problem. For example WH themselves uses it for their site without any problem. That would mean that it may not be a WestHost issue but an issue with your installation of VB. This same issue could happen on a new host also. WestHost is using cPanel now and that is pretty commonly used by all other hosting companies also. The following quote you posted leads me to believe that WH is still looking into this but sometimes it can be hard to track something like this down.
    If you wanted you could setup a cron on the server to run

mysql -e 'FLUSH DATABASES;'

I know that this doesn't completely resolve the issue, but it might make it a little easier to keep your website online without you having to restart it while we investigate further.
    If you do have a ticket number for this issue you could post it here or send a PM to Adam or Jake on the forum here. He can then track the ticket and perhaps help expedite things for you.
    Last edited by wildjokerdesign; 02-05-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

P.S. You mentioned that at one time you had no databases visible in cPanel. Don't forget to mention that to WH support when you do contact them. It could be relevant. At least to me it says that at one time there was an issue with mysql on the server and perhaps something was missed.

Also do you have a local backup of your database? That may be the best solution of all. If perhaps there is an issue with the database itself you might be able to use your back up to restore the database to when it was not having a problem.
    Shawn

Thanks for the replay.
    Yes I was that persoon that have problems with Cpanel (database not visable in Cpanel)
    The support from Westhost have correct this and from that time it is problems.
    This is what they have done:
    Support Westhost:
    We were able to resolve the database issue on your account and they now all show up under MySQL Databases on your cPanel account.
    As for logging in as root, your new root password xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well from that time it is problems ans I'am lossing my patient.
    I have send a lot of tickets
    Lost one is the one above. Westhost and Vbulletin support both say that it isn't there fault.
    But in the meantime errors!!

I have already turnoff all plug-in software, but the errors stay.
    Vbulletin support say that this is really a Mysql server problem.

I have a lot of tickets send and replay on it.
    The last was level 2 support, ticket no 6009564
    But after his work , some table in the database where deleted and support Vbulletin has to repair them.
    I was surprised that there was no backup of the database before he went to work there to the database could only be restored with a backup of 5 days earlier.

Maybe the level 1 support has a isue found.
    He wrote:
    Thank you for your reply. After reviewing your account I have found that our system thinks that your main domain is xxxxxxx This domain does not have an account on your server as it is set up as an addon domain. Please try removing this addon domain and setting up a separate cPanel account on your server for a new account You will then need to move a copy of all of the necessary files over to the new account. You will also need to move the database. This should help the system recognize the domain as having its own account.

But That I don't understand, because Westhost have setting up the account.
    Why a as addon domain?

Now I have another hoster asked whether this a migration do if I switch.
    I wait on there answer and let you know

Are you using root user to log into mysql for VB? As a rule I try not to do that on the cPanel accounts. I normally create a database and then a new user and use it to connect to the new database. I do this all through cPanel > MySQL Wizard. In fact any time I want to create a new database I go through cPanel instead of using Shell command or other method. When I have not it has caused issues with MySQL. Once the database is created you can then use programs like phpMyAdmin or MySQL workbench to connect to that database.
    Shawn

Default and more problems with the databases

Thanks for the replay.
    I thought maybe it is a good idea to create a new user for the database and maybe that will be help for deleting TEMP files.
    But you don't beleive this.
    I see in Cpanel a lot of database which I have delete earlier.
    So I try to delete this database with the regulair software in Cpanel.
    I click on mySql database in Cpanel and than I see a lot of databases.
    INow easy to remove... you think.
    But yes I confirm and the software say removed.
    But, also here this will not removed but stay in the file as below:

Yes the users are delete but the database stay.
    So you think click deleted database, but that make no difference.
    I confrim deleted but.... yes the database stay
    Maybe again this answer from Westhost:
    These are SQL errors, they are going to be errors in the code of Cpanel, which falls outside the scope of technical support, as custom software.
    I now know for sure that there is an error in Mysql on the server and perhaps only on my cloud account.
    I am only sad that Westhost say that there are no problems with Mysql while the server continues full that they themselves must have the database in Cpanel make visible. which first were not visible.
    From that moment it is misery.
    Apparently there is also not enough rights to files in Cpanel to remove.
    Like the TEMP files in my databases.

I PM'd Adam about this and he is consulting with the techs to see what is going on. I am sure he'll be replying here soon be in contact with you about what he finds out. The extra databases could very well be signs that the West Host techs are working on it. I know that when I am doing something like this I often make copies of databases with either the date or bak in the name. I am sure they will get it sorted out for you in time.
    Shawn

Whenever a database is created from PHPMyAdmin or a shell/command line connection then cPanel cannot correctly see and edit that database.
    I am only slightly familiar with this issue, but you will want to check a few things out.

1. Make sure that your VB database was NOT created via PHPMyAdmin or command line. Databases MUST be created through cPanel. I recommend the cPanel >> MySQL Database Wizard since it will also have you create a user and assign it permissions on that database at the same time.

2. Make sure that you are NOT connecting to the database with the root user name. You should only connect to a cPanel database with the user that has been created/assigned to that database. The names are always prefaced with your cPanel username so the format would be cpuser_dbname and the user would also be cpuser_dbuser.

3. Update the user's password from cPanel, or create a new user with all the correct permissions for your VB database. Once done update any VB configuration files to that new user combination to successfully connect.

If you have everything configured correctly it should be working. If it is not and you've worked with VB to rule out any other possibilities you may be suffering from database corruption. This can sometimes be resolved with the PHPMyAdmin repair or optimize tools, but if data is too badly corrupted then it may just need to be replaced.

Unfortunately, WestHost does only keep the last 3-5 days worth of backup data. Since you are on a Cloud Reseller account however, we have snapshot backups which restore the entire account. This does not allow us to just restore the database -- we have to restore everything. This will have a daily [the last 1-2 days] and weekly [the last 3-5 days]. In some cases we have monthly backups for the Clouds depending on space, but I do not see one available for your account.

We cannot guarantee the fidelity of data, so I am sorry if we did not have a workable backup for you. However, I always recommend keeping a personal backup in a local drive so that you can restore things like the database if needed.

At this point I would direct you toward setting up a new blank version of VB and recreating some of the data in that new cPanel account with a new database. This should circumvent the issues you have been having, you can then create a new and solid backup of your data, and then you can test to see if any further issues arise.

Let me know if I need to work with you further on the ticket. This is above and beyond what we normally do for Tech Support since we don't maintain your data for you and cannot account for database errors causing corruption to your files. I can provide more steps on setting up a new account, recreating a database, etc. if you would like.

We really do appreciate your business with us here at WestHost, and I'd like to try and help you get a resolution to the issue you have been seeing.
    Isaac Furniss
    Technical Support Team Manager
    Contact Support: E-mail | Live Chat | Twitter

http://www.westhost.com/

Thanks for the replay.
    See below my answer on some suggestions:

1. Make sure that your VB database was NOT created via PHPMyAdmin or command line. Databases MUST be created through cPanel. I recommend the cPanel >> MySQL Database Wizard since it will also have you create a user and assign it permissions on that database at the same time.
    I don't know how the database is create because Westhost have done for me the migration

2. Make sure that you are NOT connecting to the database with the root user name. You should only connect to a cPanel database with the user that has been created/assigned to that database. The names are always prefaced with your cPanel username so the format would be cpuser_dbname and the user would also be cpuser_dbuser.I'am sure for that this is correct.

3. Update the user's password from cPanel, or create a new user with all the correct permissions for your VB database. Once done update any VB configuration files to that new user combination to successfully connect.Just done this and also create a new database.
    Backup and restore the database in the new database what just is create.

If you have everything configured correctly it should be working. If it is not and you've worked with VB to rule out any other possibilities you may be suffering from database corruption. This can sometimes be resolved with the PHPMyAdmin repair or optimize tools, but if data is too badly corrupted then it may just need to be replaced.
    Forum is working , but that's always.
    Faults are comming a couple of hours later

For your information:
    Data is check.
    Vbulletin Support says there are no faults in the database.
    They say about this errors:
    This is a server issue. Most likely MySQL doesn't have permission to delete lock files in the temporary partition. Since this tasks runs once an hour, you would get the error every two hours until the server issue is resolved. You need to contact your host as this is not something that we can fix through vBulletin technical support.

Tomorrow I know of the new database and user as create is the solution for this problem

Hopefully with the new user and database all well be ok. Since they where both created via cPanel they should have the correct permissions. I am pretty sure that Adam is keeping an eye on this issue also now so if you have any other issues just post them or contact him. Looks like Issac is also on the job with this and he is really good at following up on things. I think you'll be good now.
    Shawn