Default Password Protecting several pages on web site

Sorry if this is not posted in the right place. I am trying to get some help with password protecting several pages on the web site I operate for our Drama Group. I use the program Site Spinner as my web designer, but don't have any knowledge of the coding at this point.

I understand that there is a tool in Westhost control panel that allows you to Password Protect directory. But I am not sure I can use that to password protect just several pages of the site.

What I would like to have is have a login and password I would supply to the authorized viewers, so they can see the protected pages. But do not want to have to require each person to have a seperate one.

I am a novice, so make it easy if possible.

Can anyone help?

Deweydrama

The tool WebPassword can be installed through Site Manager > Install & Manage. This only allows you to password protect folders/directories, though. You'd need to put all the files into a folder together. From there you could add users that can access that folder.

If you are interested in just password protecting folders, this is something beyond the scope of free Tech Support, but I can point you in the right direction.
    http://mashable.com/2008/05/03/5-fre...ct-your-sites/
    These are things that you or a web developer would need to configure, but feel free to post any follow-up questions about your account or contact Tech Support!
    Isaac Furniss
    Technical Support Team Manager
    Contact Support: E-mail | Live Chat | Twitter

http://www.westhost.com/

Isaac gave you the instructions for password protecting a directory in an older Site Manager account. If by chance you happen to have the newer cPanel account with WestHost you can do the same thing but it is even a bit easier. Simply log into cPanel via your WestHost control panel and then look for "Password Protect Directories" under the Security heading. Navigate to the folder you wish to password protect (you'll need to create that directory first) by clicking the folder icons to get to the directory you want protected then click on the name of the directory. Fill in the fields and submit the form. There is actually a video you can watch that explains how to do it also.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Thanks for the help with this issue. I will try the suggestions and post again if I have a problem.
    Great forum