Hybrid View

Default NetStatus updates... request

Could it become standard policy that if a server or services are down, that a notice be posted on the NetStatus page.

This is the only way that we would know if it's a minor or major event and whether we need to plan for the time down. And we wouldn't need to bother tech support when they are busy with the repairs.

thanks

j

This could take time to develop though but good suggestion.
    CCENT

J

Thanks for the suggestion! Sorry I did not come a crossed this post sooner.

Yes this is a great suggestion and we have made a big push to make this happen recently. We want to keep our clients informed and update them as issues happen. We understand the importance of this and will keep pushing to make sure our client are made aware of issues that arise.

For those that are not familiar with http://netstatus.westhost.com/ it is a web site that we use to update our client in regards to outages. We place information regarding what is going on, what is being done and an estimated of when everything will be resolved.

Thanks

Adam

Thanks

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adamcroshaw View Post
    J

Thanks for the suggestion! Sorry I did not come a crossed this post sooner.

Yes this is a great suggestion and we have made a big push to make this happen recently. We want to keep our clients informed and update them as issues happen. We understand the importance of this and will keep pushing to make sure our client are made aware of issues that arise.

For those that are not familiar with http://netstatus.westhost.com/ it is a web site that we use to update our client in regards to outages. We place information regarding what is going on, what is being done and an estimated of when everything will be resolved.

Thanks

Adam

Thanks

Adam
    The reason we are not familiar with that net status link is because all your links are so hard to find. Menus that take you directly to items in the members area are not obvious and you always have to dig around to find anything.

I only found netstatus through a Google search. There should be several links to it in the public and members areas. Also there should be icons for degraded service -- this recent outage is ridiculous, with all servers showing as being up, but the degraded SANs causing many to actually be nonfunctional. Support staff should be able to mark a SAN as degraded, and cause all its systems to show an icon other than GREEN/OK.

Thank you for your feedback!

The reason you see all of the servers up is because all of the servers listed on the netstatus.westhost.com page are our shared servers. All of our shared servers are currently up.

If we have issues with one of our cloud servers we post a message at the top of the page. The status page is keep up to date with the latest information we have regarding the issue and the resolution to the issue.

Please feel free to PM me if there is anything I can personally do for you.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTrailer View Post
    I only found netstatus through a Google search. There should be several links to it in the public and members areas. Also there should be icons for degraded service -- this recent outage is ridiculous, with all servers showing as being up, but the degraded SANs causing many to actually be nonfunctional. Support staff should be able to mark a SAN as degraded, and cause all its systems to show an icon other than GREEN/OK.