Default Wordpress 2.5.1 - Can't find plugin menu in backend?

I wish to upgrade a version 2.5.1 wordpress.org site to the newest version but in order to do so I first need to deactivate all plugins. Unfortunately I can't find anything in the admin area for plugins, themes, etc. Only Write, Manage, Comments and Profile links are available. The goal is to migrate this blog to a different server. I can't export anything from the old to the new because I can't access the plugins. I can see my plugins via FTP, and they are working, it's just that the menu is screwed up. Today I tried uploading a fresh copy of the files (same version) but it made no difference. It's almost as though there is a setting somewhere that has been changed to hide the plugin and themes menu buttons. I've seen a number of similar postings at WordPress forums but no solutions offered. Help!
    Tom Rogers
    Tom Rogers Web Design
    www.tomrogerswebdesign.com

Static websites are dead.
    Check out www.catalystforbusiness.com

Tom,
    It has been way to long since I have played with wordpress so I can't really give specifics, but I do wonder if it is the theme you are using that is the issue. Such settings are normally kept in the database and you can often find them and change them manually. Like I said I can't give you specifics but have a look at the database via phpMyAdmin or something like it and see if you can determine where the setting value is for the theme and see if you can set it back to the original theme value. Also since it is the menu that you are having issues with, is it possible that you have a plugin for menus that may be causing the issue. Again the database should be where wordpress is looking to determine which plugins it is loading up and maybe you can determine where that is and disable any plugin that you think could affect this.

Last ditch effort would be to figure out what the URL is that leads to the plugin's page and type it in manually. You might be able to find that on the wordpress site or simply install a new copy some place and then use the fresh copy to figure out what the URL(s) would be.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

A light bulb went off in my head today that I didn't have admin rights - ah ha! When I first created the blog years ago, I had an admin login, but since then I always accessed the back end via a different username. I got in, upgraded and have transferred to the new blog. All is well in the world today.
    Tom Rogers
    Tom Rogers Web Design
    www.tomrogerswebdesign.com

Static websites are dead.
    Check out www.catalystforbusiness.com

Good to hear you figured it out.... also good to hear that I am not the only one that forgets what I did with sites years ago. I am really trying hard to get better at this now and make notes on all changes. Also trying to not leave old sites and programs alone but slowly go through and update them and make new notes.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson