Thumbs down WestHost Experience - New customer for a week now ...

HostBillApp license problem, it's been more than a week now, still can't find anyone to help me. A WHOLE WEEK FOR A STUPID PROBLEM... what would it be like if i have a major question or problem. I have another vps (unmanaged) account setup the same time at dotblock.com, they have answered more than 10 of my highly technical linux hardening questions, and I am still working on the same stupid ticket with westhost for the past 2 weeks for a stupid license...

I'm so ticked i have to post cause I really thought this was the company to go to. I'm going to give them a few more days to correct it

*UPDATE: now my cloud is down for the last two days ...

Where's my CPanel? Where's HostBillApp?

Department: IT - HS - Misc
    Created: 3/30/11 10:12
    Where's my CPanel? Where's HostBillApp?
    By: www.ocalawebsitedesigns.com
    Date: 3/30/11 10:12
    New account, no cpanel, no hostbillapp, where's my stuff?
    Date: 3/30/11 10:37
    ID: 261004
    I found the cpanel in the emailed information, wasn't coming up but now it is. Don't see HostBillApp in it though... Where' that at?
    Date: 3/30/11 13:36
    ID: 261102
    HostBillApp states: "IP of your domain is not within pools provided by our reseller. Please contact us to solve this issue." Re: [#196104] Where's my CPanel? Where's HostBillApp?
    By: Kyler Anderson <kyanderson@westhost.com>
    Date: 3/30/11 23:23
    ID: 261524
    Hello Blair,

Thank you for contacting WestHost Technical Support. I am sorry to hear that the HostBill application is not working for you yet. I see that your IP address might not be from the correct pool of IP addresses, which is why it is causing the error. I will investigate to see if there is a way around this or we can plan to get this updated for you to a new IP address that will work for this. If we do need to update your IP address, is there any particular time when this would be best for us to do?

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    --
    Best regards,

Kyler Anderson
    Technical Support Representative
    WestHost.com
    Date: 3/31/11 06:55
    ID: 261715
    You can change the IP anytime, sooner the better so i can try it out, BUT wouldn't it be better to add the IP Scope of addresses to HostBillApp's system so you don't have go through this with any other customers?
    From HostBill Support:
    HostBill Licenses Support - 5:22 PM (15 hours ago) Hi, Please contact westhost to confirm that your account is on their IP pool. Regards Kris Pajak - HostBill Lead Developer
    Date: 3/31/11 13:54
    ID: 262047
    Hello?
    Re: [#196104] Where's my CPanel? Where's HostBillApp?
    Date: 3/31/11 21:25
    ID: 262258
    Originally Sent To: support-level1@contact4.westhost.com

Has this been done yet?

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Hello Blair,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting WestHost Technical Support. I am sorry to hear
    > that the HostBill application is not working for you yet. I see that your IP
    > address might not be from the correct pool of IP addresses, which is why it
    > is causing the error. I will investigate to see if there is a way around
    > this or we can plan to get this updated for you to a new IP address that
    > will work for this. If we do need to update your IP address, is there any
    > particular time when this would be best for us to do?
    >
    > Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    > --
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Kyler Anderson
    > Technical Support Representative
    > WestHost.com
    >
    >
    >
    By: Kyler Anderson <kyanderson@westhost.com>
    Date: 3/31/11 22:39
    ID: 262324
    Hello www.ocalawebsitedesigns.com,

I apologize for the delayed response. I am forwarding this issue onto our administrators who will make the determination and will contact you if they need to change the IP or when it is completed. The problem is your account was setup on an IP address that it should not have been given. Our administrators will investigate why the system added this and make changes as needed. We will contact you once we have more information.

--
    Best regards,

Kyler Anderson
    Technical Support Representative
    WestHost.com
    Date: 4/1/11 14:14
    ID: 263025

How about now?

TT

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM, Hello Blair,
    >
    > I apologize for the delayed response. I am forwarding this issue onto our
    > administrators who will make the determination and will contact you if they
    > need to change the IP or when it is completed. The problem is your account
    > was setup on an IP address that it should not have been given. Our
    > administrators will investigate why the system added this and make changes
    > as needed. We will contact you once we have more information.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Kyler Anderson
    > Technical Support Representative
    > WestHost.com
    >
    >
    >
    Date: 4/3/11 10:31
    ID: 264510
    Date: 4/3/11 10:32
    ID: 264511
    Date: 4/4/11 12:07
    ID: 265394
    HELLO I can't get my hostbill license...
    Date: 4/5/11 08:16
    ID: 266135

Ok, what about now Westhost?? Another day is passing ...

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Ocala Designs How about now?
    >
    > TT
    >
    >
    > On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM,
    >> Hello Blair,
    >>
    >> I apologize for the delayed response. I am forwarding this issue onto our
    >> administrators who will make the determination and will contact you if they
    >> need to change the IP or when it is completed. The problem is your account
    >> was setup on an IP address that it should not have been given. Our
    >> administrators will investigate why the system added this and make changes
    >> as needed. We will contact you once we have more information.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best regards,
    >>
    >> Kyler Anderson
    >> Technical Support Representative
    >> WestHost.com
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >

4/6/2011Please wait for a WestHost Representative to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Scott S.'

Scott S.: Thank you for contacting WestHost. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a high volume of chat requests at this time. Chats are being answered in the order they are received. We appreciate your patience during this time and apologize for any inconvenience this causes. You may wait for the next available chat representative, or you may submit a support ticket instead. If you are unable to access your account, please also check our Network Status page.

Blair: HELLO

Scott S.: Hi Blair, Before we get started is there tickets I can reference?

Blair: it's in my queus

Blair: ocalawebsitehosting.com

Scott S.: Ok i see them now.

Blair: and

Scott S.: It looks like a cloud server issue. Im looking into it

Blair: it's a reseller account. ip address pool is incorrect ...

Blair: you can't put my ip address in the hostbillap's website for the key.

Blair: and ... is it fixed???

Scott S.: Still working on getting it up and running

Blair: all i need is the proper ip address code so I can get my account situated at at HostBillApp

Scott S.: 174.127.116.11

Scott S.: Will that work?

Blair: NavigationHome pageOrderClient AreaOpen New Support TicketKnowledgebaseAffiliatesNeed help? Search our Knowledgebase Unable to specify your IP address, or you've provided not valid FQDN (note: you need to have domain name that points to reseller ip pool, using ip only is not allowed)

Blair: did you even read my trouble ticket?

Blair: my ip address is not in the pool of addresses...

Blair: do you know that I have another vps account setup the same time at another hosting company, they have answered more than 10 of my highly technical linux hardening questions, and I am still working on the same stupid ticket with westhost for the past 2 weeks...

Blair: for a stupid ip address in the incorrect pool for a stupid license...

Scott S.: My shift is now over. I am going to transfer you to Neal to further assist you.

Blair: ha ok

Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Neal'.

You are now chatting with 'Neal'

Neal: Hello! Thank you for contacting WestHost. Please allow me one moment to review your question.

Blair: I can answer for you, "sorry about your troubles, unfortunately the person that can assist you is not here right now, but I promise to give you an update in the next few hours ..." This is what I have been getting for the past two weeks ...
    Blair: at least feels like two weeks, been a week now ...

Neal: I'm sorry Blair, I'm so busy with all these chats I've got your account up but I'm asking my manager if we have some news or if there is anything we can do for you right now

Blair: You can fix it for me.

Blair: Why am i not important to westhost? Why do I have to wait a week? what if this was an important service requests?

Neal: Everyone is important to WestHost, I'm talking to my manager about this, so give me just a few minutes I'll see what I can even do for you. I might not have the abilitiy to perform that,.

Blair: tell him it's easy, give hostbillapp the new pool of ip addresses, or change my address, or purchase a license from a slush fund and send me the key that I was told I was going to get ...

Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    subject Re: [#196104] Where's my CPanel? Where's HostBillApp?

hide details 6:59 PM (14 hours ago)

Hello Blair,

There were complications getting a new IP address block added to HostBill's authorized IP address file. You should be able to access HostBill and license. Please let us know if you have any problems accessing HostBill.

Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    subject Re: [#196104] Where's my CPanel? Where's HostBillApp?
    mailed-by ocaladesigns.com

hide details 10:21 PM (11 hours ago)

Well, my IP address still doesn't work on HostBill's website, and now I can't access my cpanel or website. Was my IP address changed? If so, what is it?
    TT

Please wait for a WestHost Representative to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Kyler'

4/7/2011

Kyler: Hello! Thank you for contacting WestHost. Please allow me one moment to review your question.

Kyler: While I am reviewing your question, Id like to inform you that as an existing client you can receive a $25 credit to your account when you refer a friend. For details, go to http://www.westhost.com/referral.html.

Kyler: Hello Blair,

Blair: .

Kyler: I am sorry to hear that it is not working

Kyler: What happens when you try to access your cpanel?

Blair: spins

Blair: nothing

Blair: http://www.ocalawebsitehosting.com/

Blair: the site is the same way

Blair: tried from home and from work, 4 different computers/

Kyler: Okay, I think I know what is happening, let me double check.

Blair: they made a change yesterday and claimed my problem was corrected then everything stopped working

Kyler: Thank you for waiting. The problem with the site loading is being caused by I/O errors on the harddrives for your cloud account. They are syncing this and hope to have it corrected a little later today. I don't have an official ETA, but I am hoping within the next couple hours.

Kyler: I am going to have to transfer you to Cameron who can continue to assist you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Cameron'.

You are now chatting with 'Cameron'

Cameron: Hello! Thank you for contacting WestHost. Please allow me one moment to review your question.

Cameron: I see that Kyler notified you about the maintenance that the cloud server is currently undergoing, Is there anything else I can help you with?

Blair: did you read my trouble ticket yet about the license for hostbillapp that I have been trying to acquire for the last week??

Blair: to which they said was fixed but it's not.

Cameron: While the server is down, I doubt that the issue is with the license. The issue is most likely still with the server your domain is on.

Blair: no shit. the ip address is incorrect

Blair: they couldn't get my account up and running for two days, then they assign me an IP address that apparently isn't in the same pool as others, then i can't get the problem resolved, then my cloud is down, how's that for a first time user experience for WestHost...

Cameron: Alright, If that is the case then you will need to submit a ticket through your cp.westhost.com for our admins to address and correct the IP associated with your domain.

Blair: i have a freaking ticket in and they claim it's fixed ...

Blair: this is so rediculous.

Cameron: I am sorry about the issues that your cloud has been experiencing, currently I see that they are doing some extensive hardware replacements to get things back online.
    Last edited by OcalaDesigns; 04-07-2011 at 07:40 AM.

OcalaDesigns

Sorry I did not get to your post earlier. Unfortunately I just came a crossed it and hopefully be able to stay more on top of forum posts.

First sorry for the inconvenience you have had with the HostingBill application. I have found your ticket that you have opened and noticed that our admin team is working with you to get the HostBill application working.

As far as the Cloud issues you have been experiencing. We have been very busy working on coming to a resolution. We've had server engineers working on it and got the Cloud up and running and then we run into another issue. We are now making arrangements to add new SANs, hardware that essentially holds the data, with 2 new ones that have proven to work with live data. While we continue to work to ensure reliability on that cloud we have spent substantial time and money building another cloud that will be tested and ready to use in the next couple months.

I will be placing a credit on your account of one month for the downtime you've experienced. If anyone else that is on this Cloud would like a credit please PM me and I will make sure the credit is added.

Ok, all my problems have now been resolved, even though it took a week which may or may not have been completely their fault since another vendor was involved. Now I can complete my first month of service... Thank you westhost for getting around to taking care of this, i have recieved my license now and that pool of addresses, at least mine, seems to work.

Thank you OcalaDesigns!

Thank you to everyone that stuck through this with us. We are doing everything we can to prevent this from happening again.

Adam