Thumbs down was told i need to update the westhost name servers myself?

i was just in the chat with tech support, and he told me i had to do this myself, although looking back at the email it said you guys would do it for me.

he gave me this link: http://register.westhost.com/admin/ but none of the passwords i have from email work to log in!

i've been an account holder on shared hosting plan (preferred i think) for 4 days now, and I have nothing but countless hours of trying it on my own with nothing to show for it.

he said specifically i had to add the name servers on westhost and NOT cpanel, is all of this correct? it just doesn't feel right.

my domain is bookingsbybailey.com - if that helps. im so close to just giving up.

You are correct, that unless there is something specific about your situation, normally Westhost sets up everything for you if you register your domain with them and get hosting at the same time. That being said, the link that the tech gave you will allow you to log in and set the name servers for your domain to point to the ones at WestHost. It looks as if they have a default set in them at the moment. Unless you are using your own name servers then you would set them to the ones that where sent to you in the email with the log in information. Remember that log in for registration is different then that you use for cPanel.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Yes, Shawn is right. When you order a domain from us the name servers are defaulted to point to us. You can point your domain wherever you want through the link provided.

cPanel is used to publish content to your website and control its features. Essentially it is simply a dashboard with tools helping you accomplish tasks easier.
    Jake Neeley
    Social Media Manager | WestHost