Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

>In regards to the fact that only the server itself is monitored and not individual accounts. I don't think it would be feasible for WestHost to monitor this.

I agree, they only need to update the server problem notifications, which seem to be lagging. And, once this is done, tech support would have more time to address individual problems. But as it is, I'm sure that when a server goes down and there aren't any posted errors on the net status page the tech support team is bogged down with answering messages about something that should be on the status page.

Yes I agree with you on that. In fact it would even be great if the support ticket system along with chat and phone could somehow know when a server is down. Chat and phone would be a challenge to do this but perhaps the ticket system could be notified since it is tied into our accounts. I know they are working on a new solution for the support ticket system also that gives them more control.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

>In fact it would even be great if the support ticket system along with chat and phone could somehow know when a server is down.

if netstatus page is the most up to date info, it might be good to have every tech support event (click to contact, click to chat, etc) redirect to the netstatus page first.

I'm not sure what we have resolved : )

Are we assuming that the netstatus page is not automatic and the netstatus page is updated as soon as the admins know that there is a problem?

You are correct, I don't know that we resolved or solved anything but hopefully we are giving WestHost some good ideas.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Good thread guys, thanks.

The new dashboard will have a message & support center that will display specific information about the server an account is on. Additionally upon logging in we will have a small icon that will be green when the server is humming and red when it's not. You will then be able to check the message center for details about the server, some automated when it comes up and down and some manual like details about the issue.

We're still developing this and of course it may change a little from what I've described but the whole point is that it'll contain information specific about the server your on.
    Jake Neeley
    Social Media Manager | WestHost

The netstatus page is very close to real time. We do constantly monitor the servers for any high load or other reported issues.
    Individual accounts that operate as VPS [either the Site Manager or the cPanel Cloud accounts] are not individually monitored and we need to be contacted to provide assistance.
    If there is an issue causing several individual accounts to have trouble, we are often able to track that down and resolve it for those account simultaneously - this is usually a server issue.

I recommend having your own system for monitoring your site. Google Analytics is one of these methods.
    http://www.google.com/analytics/

As always, please contact Tech Support at any time. We are on-shift 24/7.
    Isaac Furniss
    Technical Support Team Manager
    Contact Support: E-mail | Live Chat | Twitter

http://www.westhost.com/