Default Is 3.0 still available for new accounts?

Hi folks,

I got a taste of the 4.0 platform during the datacenter crisis last week, and I'm afraid the lack of a VPS environment and the PHP running in CGI mode is not going to work for most of my projects. However, I refer a new client to Westhost about every two months, with the next one coming in a couple weeks. Are 3.0 accounts still available, or do I need to research the alternatives ASAP?

Thanks,
    -Arlo

arlo,

All new accounts are set up in our WH 4.0 environment. I'm sorry that the WH 4.0 environment won't work for your needs however you can check out our sister company VPS.NET which give full root access on a cloud infrastructrue. I think you will be pleased with what we have to offer.
    Sincerely,

Clint Reeves
    Client Service Manager
    WestHost

Believe in Better Hosting
    http://www.westhost.com/

Good to know, thanks. Clint, can you (or anyone) tell me how Westhost tech support compares to VPS.net tech support? Is it the same people? The same system (phone / email / live chat)? Are the people located in the U.S. or U.K.?

From my experience over at vps.net the support was on par with that of WestHost. I don't know if it was the exact same folks or system. I know that some of the same techs that work or worked for WestHost are involved in the project over there. They did have two data centers, one here in the states that was the same as that for WestHost and then one over in the UK. They had plans to expand that though and where adding data centers last I worked in the system. They have an even stronger user base at their forums over there. Their clients are more advanced so where more likely able to answer other folks questions on the forum.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Thanks, Shawn...