Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Unhappy Perl, CPAN and Movable Type 4.x

    My Movable Type install stopped working (500 error) after I upgraded to Perl 5.8.8. I was/am using additional Perl modules using CPAN and the /perl5lib directory mentioned in another post.

    And after running some CPAN updates, I now get this error:
    Code:
    Got an error: Publish error in template 'error.tmpl': Unknown tag found: setvarblock
    at mt.cgi, whereas previously the log entry linked with the 500 error was something like:
    Code:
    Premature end of script headers: mt.cgi, referer: http://www.lobstershell.com/mt/mt.cgi
    MovableType does not seem to recognize the perl5lib path from what I can tell. The mt-check.cgi says:
    Code:
    Perl include path:
    plugins/WXRImporter/lib
    plugins/StyleCatcher/lib
    plugins/TypePadAntiSpam/lib
    plugins/MultiBlog/lib
    plugins/WidgetManager/lib
    plugins/Textile/lib
    plugins/spamlookup/lib
    /var/www/html/mt/extlib
    /var/www/html/mt/extlib
    /var/www/html/mt/lib
    /usr/local/perl-5.8.8/lib/5.8.8/i686-linux
    /usr/local/perl-5.8.8/lib/5.8.8
    /usr/local/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux
    /usr/local/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8
    /usr/local/perl-5.8.8/lib/site_perl
    .
    Also, certain CPAN modules just flat out won't update, like DBD::mysql. And some ones that are updated or installed aren't recognized, at least as far as mt-check is concerned.

    Also also, it does the same thing even if I put it in the cgi-bin directory.

    Any ideas where to start?

  2. #2
    Moderator wildjokerdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kansas City Mo
    Posts
    5,721

    Default

    Would this page be of any help to you? http://faq.perl.org/perlfaq8.html#How_do_I_add_a_direc
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

    Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

  3. #3

    Default

    PERL5LIB is already set in my .bashrc, so alas, no.

  4. #4
    Moderator wildjokerdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kansas City Mo
    Posts
    5,721

    Default

    I did some checking over at Moveable type and it seems as if the error you are getting now is often assoctiated with uploading files in binary instead of ascii mode. It has to do with line endings. In SSH you can use the command dos2unix to correct change a file that may have been uploaded in binary mode but since it is more then likely more then one it may be just as easy for you to upload the files again and make sure that they are uploaded in a ascii mode. I got this info from the mt forums here: http://forums.movabletype.org/2008/1...ade-error.html
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

    Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

  5. #5

    Default

    Saw that too. I actually use WGET in the ssh shell with the archives and then unarchive from the CLI. I have tried this with both the ZIP (unzip) and TGZ (tar xvzf) file. No joy in Mudville.

    PS - Thanks for keeping on this.

  6. #6

    Default

    Figured out part of it: a full reinstall of Perl through the app manager works, but there are no extra modules installed. Once I drop into CPAN (using jalal's instructions here), I get the 500 errors again. 2nd uninstall and reinstall confirms. Sigh. I guess I will be moving to WordPress.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •