Thread: Google Map API

Default Google Map API

I am a new west host customer.I am running the Big 10 special. Prior to coming to west host... I was at lunar pages in Los Angeles. On their servers I had constructed an application which used the Google map API. My application allowed users to draw polygons, and then save the polygons to mysql. database. However after transferring the application to West host.. and I can still draw polygons but the application no longer saves them to the database. Does anybody have any idea what might be going on here? Almost all of the other features of the application worked perfectly fine in the West host environment.your help would be greatly appreciated as this application is very near and dear to my heart. Thank you.

Is the username and password for the database setup correctly? If you turn on php logging by editing /etc/php.ini and changing
    log_errors = Off
    to
    log_errors = On
    and
    ;error_log = filename
    to
    error_log = /var/log/php.log
    and then go to Site Manager, and use the "Restart Account" link on the left, it may give you more hints on what is going on. Just look for the php.log file in /var/log and it will likely tell you what is going on.
    Last edited by dattas; 09-27-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: (forgot file path!)
    Unofficial technical support for the world.