Question upgrading phpMyAdmin version - match in offline environment

I need to upgrade from the phpMyAdmin 2.7.0 pl2 version to a newer version. Heres my issue..... I have the 2.7.0 pl2 installed on my offline webserver so the versions match BUT I can't upload a db.sql file without producing errors. It's a nightmare.

I wanted to just go ahead and upgrade to the 2.11.5.1 vs. BUT I can't find it anywhere online to download so I can also install it on my offline webserver. Grrrrrr, lol.

I've gone to both the sourceforge.net site and phpmyadmin site and the version is not even listed. They do list 2.11.7 and 2.11.8 and now they have launched version 3, lol.

Is it possible for me to download the phpmyadmin folders/files from my website to my offline webserver?
    If yes, what are the files/code I would need to edit to make it work properly in my offline environment?

Oh gosh, and I would still need to upgrade mysql to version 5.0.27, lol. My current version offline is MySQL 4.0.16. Upon going to the MySQL website, it's a bit daunting as I use xampp which did all the installs and configuring for me. Heavy Sigh......... lol.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need to have matching versions of phpmyadmin AND mysql on my WestHost site and offline development evnvironment.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Barb
    thinkin outta da box!

Wink ok, I resolved this myself, lol

I have come to the "excutive" decision that I will download the mysql database files and be done with it, lol. Until now I had always used the Import/Export as .sql file option in phpMyAdmin but with so many versions now out there, it's just not feasible anymore.

I also went to the xampp, http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html , website and they have an upgrade that should get my offline environment closer to a match with the online one.

So here goes.............wish me luck, lol.

Barb
    thinkin outta da box!

Sorry I did not reply to this sooner. I think you could just download the install from WH it should be in the pma directory. You might have to adjust the config.inc.php file as it has an include that looks up your password that is stored on your WH account. I am pretty sure that is something unique to the WH install. The WH install is protected with .htaccess which is also unique to your WH account. On your local system I am not sure you need to password protect the directory and removeing the .htaccess should bypass that.

Other then that I am not sure what you would need to do if anything else. Why do you need to match the install versions of phpMyAdmin? You could run the current version on your local machine even if WH does not use it. I don't think the db.sql error you get has to do with versions but I could be wrong.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Default Thanks Shawn!

Thanks for your reply Shawn! I don't know why I got an error with the import/export function but it didn't start until I went to the .pl version of phpMyAdmin on both environments. When I would try to import a file from online to offline or vice versa it was not leaving a space between the increment code and the number to increment, TYPE=myisam was wrong, several things didn't match so it was a nightmare for me. Each database holds 23 tables so you can see my issue.

I use WinSCP3 as my FTP client so dragging and dropping the database folders to the database folder in my offline server is MUCH easier to do, lol, once I finally found them on the WestHost server. Also, one of my database tables holds so many records, even after purging down to minimal records I timeout on that table's import every time regardless of the environment. FTP makes much more since to me at this point, lol.

Thanks again,
    Barb
    thinkin outta da box!

Have you checked that collation matches on both installs? How about type have you matched those?
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson