Thumbs down false positives with uceprotect.net bl

i just wanted to give people a heads up.

i've gotten two reports in the last two days that family and friends can't email me because uceprotect.net (one of the default blacklists that westhost uses for "Dynamic Spam Rejection for RBLs 1.1") has blacklisted their isp's mail servers. in this case verizon and earthlink servers have been blacklisted in dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net so the mail is being rejected. level 1 is described as being "conservative". sure doesn't seem like it.

this is completely unacceptable to me that legitimate mail is being rejected. i've removed the uceprotect.net blacklists from my configuration.

Hi allyn,

You have a very very valid point and I'm very sorry you've missed out on some e-mails getting to you. If clients haven't been annoyed by this, I've been annoyed for them when I see their trouble tickets coming in saying they're not receiving e-mail because it's blocked by uceprotect. Those listings have definitely not proved to be in our favor to much. We, Technical Support, are currently undergoing some tracking and analysis of which levels of uceprotect have been causing the most trouble of blocking valid IP addresses. Your post is very much appreciated. I feel comfortable saying you can expect changes early next week with this.
    Sincerely,

Justin Ball
    Technical Support
    WestHost Inc.

When you expect more from your Web host
    http://www.westhost.com/

thanks for the response, justin. much appreciated that you are taking this issue seriously. if it is happening to me it is happening to everyone since we're talking major isp servers here.

I was browsing the forums for answers to my email problems when I found this post. Taking out uceprotect seems to be my solution, too.
    Thanks for bringing it up, allyn.