Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I thought I would add this link to this thread also. There is an installer that works on a WestHost account that makes installing ffmepeg easier. SITE GONE You can actually use the ffmpeginstall version that is for root but you have to edit the install.sh file.
    Change line 47:
    Code:
    if [[ $who == "root" ]];then
    You would need to replace root with your username. Since we have root like access this works fine. It well install a lot of other things and in fact gives you a full working version of ffmepeg way beyond what you may need. For example it has set up for ruby. If you open up start.sh you can see everything the script does. In fact you may want to examine other files in the download to see some of the things he did to get them to install.
    Last edited by wildjokerdesign; 07-21-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Site no longer available
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

I can't seem to get this thing installed. I'm getting permission denied errors.

Default errors

what command are you running, what edit did you make, folder are you working in?

Quote Originally Posted by paipa View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the instructions it really help me with the installation of ffmpeg. But I am not able to install ffmpeg-php. The make command always fails on me. When running the make command I get:

/usr/local/ffmpeg/include/libavformat/avformat.h:188: error: storage size of `pix_fmt' isn't known
    make: *** [ffmpeg-php.lo] Error 1

I am wondering if any has had the same trouble. I have read on-line is has to do with the versions of ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php not being compatible. I have tried older versions of ffmpeg-php with no luck. I have also tried the latest ffmpeg with the latest ffmpeg-php and still got the error. I was just wondering if anyone has run into this problem or knows how to fix it.

Thanks,
    I'm getting the same exact problem, can someone please help!

/usr/local/ffmpeg/include/libavformat/avformat.h:165: error: storage size of `pix_fmt' isn't known

I've tried figuring out the problems with avformat.h but can't seem to find a solution. I thought it may be an issue with the version being newer that is available now but I backed up a couple versions and it still did not make a difference.

The SITE GONE does still work and in fact I am installing it at the moment on a new account. It does have everything including the kitchen sink but for most that may be just what they wanted. It does take some time to install everything and you need to make sure that you chmod the files ending in .sh to 755.
    Last edited by wildjokerdesign; 07-21-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Site no longer available
    Shawn

I tried the sherin thing and it would not install it properly (ffmpeg failed installing).

It installed just about everything else though.

Yes I must correct my comment. It failed on me this time also. I haven't quite sorted out why it is failing this time.
    Shawn

I know it has been a while, but anyone ever found a solution to the ffmpeg-php problem?

/usr/local/ffmpeg/include/libavformat/avformat.h:188: error: storage size of `pix_fmt' isn't known

Share, for the love of God. I am out of hairs to pull.

So can anyone help clarify this for me? I really need to get ffmpeg working, however none of the links in the thread are working anymore - including the older version of ffmpeg that doesnt require direct hardware access, and the precompiled file that wildjoker mentions.

Can anybody break this down into instructions that I would understand?

Trying to run the PHP integration and I get this error....Please advise....Thank you very much!!!

[/usr/local/bin]$ ./configure -with-ffmpeg=/usr/local/ffmpeg
    -sh: ./configure: No such file or directory
    [/usr/local/bin]$ make && make install'/usr/bin/phpize'
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    Last edited by newstwome; 01-31-2010 at 09:57 PM.