Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Installing FFMPEG

Code:
    wget http://code.dattasmoon.com/installer/source/ffmpeg.tar.gz
    tar -zxvf ffmpeg.tar.gz
    cd ffmpeg
    If you want to include mp3 support, please install lame (directions on how to install Here) first, then use this:
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ffmpeg --enable-libmp3lame --enable-shared --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/lame/include  --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lame/lib
    If you want libvorbis as well (directions on how to install here), then use this:
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ffmpeg --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-shared --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/lame/include -I/usr/local/libvorbis/include -I/usr/local/libogg/include"  --extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lame/lib -L/usr/local/libvorbis/lib -L/usr/local/libogg/lib"
    otherwise use this:
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ffmpeg --enable-shared
    After you are done configuring it, make it
    Code:
    make && make install
    It is really that easy, you can also do this to make programs find it easier
    Code:
    cd /usr/local/bin
    ln -s /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg
    ln -s /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffserver
    lastly, lets link it all up, edit the file located at /etc/ld.so.conf and add this line:
    Code:
    /usr/local/ffmpeg/lib
    then run
    Code:
    ldconfig
    Some people have asked me about PHP integration, and here is how to do that:
    First download it from here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=133626
    then lets extract, and build
    Code:
    tar -jxvf ffmpeg-php-*
    cd ffmpeg-php-*
    phpize
    ./configure -with-ffmpeg=/usr/local/ffmpeg
    make && make install
    Now you can make your own youtube site, here is some php code that will help you along: http://money-code.com/node/46
    Want me to make a tutorial on how to install something? PM me!
    got questions? Reply below to ask them
    Last edited by dattas; 09-27-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    Unofficial technical support for the world.

If you run into issues running the ./configure command try re-installing the Gnu Compiler Collection in Site Manager.
    Sincerely,

David Winans
    Technical Support Representative
    WestHost Inc.

When you expect more from your web host
    http://www.westhost.com/

I found a working php extension for ffmpeg, the installation instructions have been modified to show how to install it as well.

Added how to include libvorbis into ffmpeg

So it appears FFMPEG has done some work to break itself. New versions of FFMPEG will not work because it starts requiring direct access to the Hardware (V4L to be specific). Anyway you can download the newest revision that does not include these changes:
    http://code.dattasmoon.com/installer.../ffmpeg.tar.gz
    I have updated the tutorial on how to use the new version

Question

For use MOV files I must enable lib amr and x264 in the config.
    How can I enable this functions in FFMPEG?

Default compiling ffmpeg with xvid

I compiled all the libraries from source with some variations on the above instructions and

http://rootit.org/2008/06/installing...for-clipshare/

Everything compiled correctly and added to /etc/ld.so.config and issued ldconfig

But, when configuring ffmpeg
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ffmpeg --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libxvid --enable-gpl --enable-shared --extra-cflags="-I/usr/local/lame/include -I/usr/local/libvorbis/include -I/usr/local/libogg/include -I/usr/local/xvid/include" --extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lame/lib -L/usr/local/libvorbis/lib -L/usr/local/libogg/lib -L/usr/local/xvid/lib" --disable-mmx

I get xvid not found. It is in the location given and I've even tried ftping and el4 rpm to the /usr/local lib and include directories, but to no avail. Any ideas what's wrong? I can't find support for this anywhere (though some guy at mplayerhq had the same issue, I didn't see how it was resolved)

Default to aberg

try ./configure --help

Hi,

Thanks for the instructions it really help me with the installation of ffmpeg. But I am not able to install ffmpeg-php. The make command always fails on me. When running the make command I get:

/usr/local/ffmpeg/include/libavformat/avformat.h:188: error: storage size of `pix_fmt' isn't known
    make: *** [ffmpeg-php.lo] Error 1

I am wondering if any has had the same trouble. I have read on-line is has to do with the versions of ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php not being compatible. I have tried older versions of ffmpeg-php with no luck. I have also tried the latest ffmpeg with the latest ffmpeg-php and still got the error. I was just wondering if anyone has run into this problem or knows how to fix it.

Thanks,

Default more

When I compiled all that stuff, I used the prefix command to put binaries in a subdirectory /usr/local as you see in my config again. Then I put ln -s sym links in the /usr/local/bin and tested that the binaries were working with, e.g. which ffmpeg

I configured ffmpeg-php with
    ./configure --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local/ffmpeg

but the make didn't work, something with the include avformat.h and avcodec.h which throws a number of errors. I think I'll try recompiling ffmpeg