Default www.instantrecipebook.com for recipes

This recipes database site uses SMARTY template system along with AJAX/PHP/MySQL. Very fast results on recipe name searches as well as if you want to make something with ingredients you have on hand.

http://www.instantrecipebook.com

I like it. In fact, I've bookmarked your site so I can return for some recipes.

Two comments. The body type is too small (I'm on a Mac using Firefox). Grey type makes it even harder to read. A slight increase in body type size and making the type black would help a lot. (Maybe just making it black would do the trick.)

That bright red tomato favicon is a nice touch -- makes it easy to spot in the lineup of tabs in my browseer.
    Lyn R

Quote Originally Posted by deerfoot View Post
    I like it. In fact, I've bookmarked your site so I can return for some recipes.

Two comments. The body type is too small (I'm on a Mac using Firefox). Grey type makes it even harder to read. A slight increase in body type size and making the type black would help a lot. (Maybe just making it black would do the trick.)

That bright red tomato favicon is a nice touch -- makes it easy to spot in the lineup of tabs in my browseer.
    Hey thanks!! Glad you like the site.

I just built another one called Instant Bible Search. It allows you to search any verse within the bible instantly! Fast and quick way to search bible verses. Let me know what you think of that too.

http://www.instantbiblesearch.com

I'll update the body type when I can get hold of a Mac to take a look. Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it!

You're welcome. Nice work!

Same thing here with the gray text. It's small, but making it black would help. Basically, this is the same site set up as the recipe site.

Search comment: When I do a search I get a page with the book and verse along the left and the text of the specific verse on the right. When I click on that verse it just provides the same sentence on its own page -- waste of time. It would be helpful to have it put in context with several (many) verses before and after the one in question.

Also, after doing a search and clicking on an item there's no (obvious) way to go back to the page rendered by the search so that other verses from the search can be looked at.

Links: I usually make links to other sites open a new window (or tab). When I'm taken to a new site and want to look around a bit, it's hard to get back to the original page when the linked site doesn't open in a new window.
    Lyn R

Quote Originally Posted by deerfoot View Post
    You're welcome. Nice work!

Same thing here with the gray text. It's small, but making it black would help. Basically, this is the same site set up as the recipe site.

Search comment: When I do a search I get a page with the book and verse along the left and the text of the specific verse on the right. When I click on that verse it just provides the same sentence on its own page -- waste of time. It would be helpful to have it put in context with several (many) verses before and after the one in question.

Also, after doing a search and clicking on an item there's no (obvious) way to go back to the page rendered by the search so that other verses from the search can be looked at.

Links: I usually make links to other sites open a new window (or tab). When I'm taken to a new site and want to look around a bit, it's hard to get back to the original page when the linked site doesn't open in a new window.
    Thanks for feedback. I'm going to work on these changes next few weeks! Especially the one about adding more context before and after!