PDA

View Full Version : Updated Site Applications

kdr22
02-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Word Press is up to v2.1. Why are you only upgrading to 2.07?

2.07 has a major security flaw!

The last time you folks were lagging behind on WP, I went ahead and updated it myself to the current version. But eventually that caused problems and WP wouldn't run any more on your/my server. Will this happen again if I go ahead and update to the secure 2.1 version of WP?

mdomsch
02-10-2007, 08:52 PM
SpamAssassin 3.1.7 already tests against the same DNSBLs that the new RBL application uses. Aside from automatically rejecting the mail in sendmail, it's effectively the same as adding 20 points via a SA rule and dropping messages above a threshhold. Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Matt

andz
02-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Will we be informed of this or will we have to manually create a new Service Package and look to see which new apps have been added?

For existing VPSes, how do we add these new applications?

MySQL 5.0.x is very very welcome, but are there also plans to upgrade to the latest stable release of MySQL 4.1.x? The current ancient version has some critical bugs with respect to some software like MySQL-Python. Also I believe many people out there have reason to stick with MySQL 4.1.x.

wildjokerdesign
02-13-2007, 07:56 AM
andz,
You should not have to create a new Service Package via your Server Manager. You do have to add the new Applications to the existing Service Packages that you have. You'll just have to keep an eye out for when they become available to you to add. Some of mine still do not have it available yet unless they where added over night.

The manual covers adding them to exisiting packages. Just check the new applications you want to offer then apply them.

WestHost - CReeves
02-13-2007, 11:15 AM
We appreciate your feedback regarding our latest site application upgrades. You can review the new site applications in our forums by using the following link: http://forums.westhost.com/showthread.php?t=9918.

rolling
02-13-2007, 02:53 PM
SpamAssassin 3.1.7 already tests against the same DNSBLs that the new RBL application uses. Aside from automatically rejecting the mail in sendmail, it's effectively the same as adding 20 points via a SA rule and dropping messages above a threshhold. Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Matt
Yes. Using the DNSBL's in sendmail rejects the email before the body has been received (it is rejected at the HELO stage of the conversation) so saving bandwidth.