PDA

View Full Version : Add account very slow

TonyL
01-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Whenever I add an account from the dealer's control panel the process takes 10 minutes or more with the clock ticking away. Sometimes it never completes on the web page, but when I go back to the control panel it's been added.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

Thanks --Tony

wildjokerdesign
01-31-2007, 07:42 AM
I assume that when you say "dealer's control panel" you mean the Server Manager for resellers. :) I don't normally have that much of a problem with the Server Manager although the Site Manager for each site is sometimes slow and well hang as you mention when installing Apps. About the only thing you can do when that happens is either log out and back in or as you have found go back to the main Account screen and see if it has been added. I have found that often FireFox works a bit better with both interfaces so you can try that also.

TonyL
01-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks, Shawn. I have the issue with both Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 and the Server Manager. The Site Manager is almost as slow with the same browsers.

Cheers -- Tony

Noterious
10-17-2007, 03:53 AM
I have the same problem but maybe even worse. After about 10minutes of waiting, I decided to just close IE. When I was back on the account page again I didn't see the domain I tried to add earlier.

The sad thing is that I can't add that domain again now because the server said the domain is already exist. argh...

It doesn't work with Firefox in Mac OS 10.4 either.

Edit: I found out what actually happened. I was trying to add a new account/domain during Westhost server backup/maintenance process. :rolleyes: