PDA

View Full Version : Can Not Install DBD:MySQL

jackster
12-03-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm new to Westhost and have been able to get most everything I need up and running except for DBD:MySql.
I keep getting the following error:

##############################
'perldoc INSTALL'.

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Using DBI 1.53 (for perl 5.008007 on i686-linux) installed in /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux/auto/DBI/
Writing Makefile for DBD::mysql
cp lib/DBD/mysql.pm blib/lib/DBD/mysql.pm
cp lib/DBD/mysql/GetInfo.pm blib/lib/DBD/mysql/GetInfo.pm
cp lib/Mysql.pm blib/lib/Mysql.pm
cp lib/DBD/mysql/INSTALL.pod blib/lib/DBD/mysql/INSTALL.pod
cp lib/Mysql/Statement.pm blib/lib/Mysql/Statement.pm
cp lib/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm blib/lib/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm
gcc -c -I/usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux/auto/DBI -I/usr/include -mcpu=pentiumpro -DDBD_MYSQL_INSERT_ID_IS_GOOD -g -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -DVERSION=\"3.0008\" -DXS_VERSION=\"3.0008\" -fpic "-I/usr/local/perl/lib/5.8.7/i686-linux/CORE" dbdimp.c
In file included from dbdimp.c:20:
dbdimp.h:21:49: mysql.h: No such file or directory
dbdimp.h:22:45: mysqld_error.h: No such file or directory
dbdimp.h:23:49: errmsg.h: No such file or directory
###############################

Here are my path settings:
I will use the following settings for compiling and testing:

################################

cflags (mysql_config) = -I/usr/include -mcpu=pentiumpro
embedded (mysql_config) =
libs (mysql_config) = -L/usr/lib -lmysqlclient -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lz -lc -lnss_files -lnss_dns -lresolv -lc -lnss_files -lnss_dns -lresolv
mysql_config (guessed ) = mysql_config
nocatchstderr (default ) = 0
nofoundrows (default ) = 0
ssl (guessed ) = 0
testdb (default ) = test
testhost (default ) =
testpassword (default ) =
testsocket (default ) =
testuser (default ) =

##############################

It appears to me that I might be missing some libraries, perhaps I need to install the MySql-Devel package first? If so, that only comes in an RPM from what I've seen.

Has anyone had success with this installation and can anyone point me in the right direction before I lame out and wind up paying custom services $95 :-)

Thanks

wildjokerdesign
12-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Have you installed MySQL (http://members.westhost.com/sm_sa_database_mysql.html) and Perl - MySQL Libs (http://members.westhost.com/sm_sa_database_perl_mysql_libs.html) via your Site Manager? You should not have to install this manually.

jackster
12-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Yes, I have installed MySql and I already created my db and tables succesfully using phpadmin.

I installed everything from sitemanager (probably too much!) that I thought might be able to give me the files that DBD:MySql is looking for but no luck.

Any other thoughts?

thanks

rolling
12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
gcc -c -I/usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux/auto/DBI -I/usr/include -mcpu=pentiumpro -DDBD_MYSQL_INSERT_ID_IS_GOOD -g -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -DVERSION=\"3.0008\" -DXS_VERSION=\"3.0008\" -fpic "-I/usr/local/perl/lib/5.8.7/i686-linux/CORE" dbdimp.c
In file included from dbdimp.c:20:
dbdimp.h:21:49: mysql.h: No such file or directory
dbdimp.h:22:45: mysqld_error.h: No such file or directory
dbdimp.h:23:49: errmsg.h: No such file or directory

The obvious thing to do is to check how mysql.h, mysqld_error.h and errmsg.h are called in dbdimp.c (line 20)
Your include paths are defined as
/usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux/auto/DBI
/usr/include
/usr/local/include

but mysql.h, mysqld_error.h and errmsg.h are located in /usr/local/mysql/include

I would try running configure again and telling it where to find mysql

blender
12-04-2006, 11:16 AM
jackster,

I may not be understanding what you are trying to do, so I just wanted to clarify. When you say that it can't find the files that DBD::mysql is looking for, are you talking about files for building/compiling DBD::mysql or for *using* DBD::mysql? From the output that you posted it looks like you are trying to build it, but as Wildjoker mentioned, DBD::mysql should already be installed on the account as part of the PerlMysql Site Application. So if you have installed that then you shouldn't need to do anything else to use it. Hence my confusion.

If it isn't installed on your account I would contact tech support and have them look into it. If it is installed and you are having problems getting it to work then post the error you are getting and we'll see what we can do from there. Or if I'm missing the point entirely just ignore me :)

-Blender

MarkDHamill
12-05-2006, 07:00 PM
I have a similar problem. I need to install this in order to install MovableType. Unfortunately, there is no Perl MySQL-Libs package for me to install in the Site Manager. In fact I used to see more, now I hardly see anything.

So I have to install GCC to run Make? It's hard to believe that's not in the OS. And I cannot even run the man command. It doesn't show.

Something is probably not configured right.

wildjokerdesign
12-05-2006, 07:43 PM
I would really urge those who do not have the Perl MySQL Libs available to them via the Site Manager to contact support. I am pretty sure they are part of all the Packages except the Basic Personal which does not even offer MySQL. If you did used to have something in your Site Manager and now do not see it then you should contact WH. In the past WH has never "downgraded" a persons account when they have reworked their plans so I can't see that you would lose Applications for that reason unless they have changed thier policy.

jackster
12-06-2006, 06:04 AM
Looks like I got my problem resolved. I went back into site manager and noticed that I didn't install perlDBI, so I did. I also installed Net::Mysql from CPAN and everything is working. I would think that the Net::Mysql wasn't what what fixed it but I have no way of knowing since I installed perlMysql and Net:Mysql before I tested successfully.

Thanks for all the help.

I have to say that this forum is a lot better than I expected...

MarkDHamill
12-06-2006, 06:54 AM
I did just that. Funny is those options used to be in the site manager and are now gone. I hate the thought of trying to install all these packages myself.