PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - Add 'Today's Posts' to Quick Links menu

PeteF
11-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Westhost,
I have to say vBulletin makes the best Forum software!
I attend many forums that run on vBulletin software.

* I am suggesting that you add 'Today's Posts' to the Quick Links menu.

Reason being, if a user comes in and clicks.. Mark Forums Read, and
then decides to come back the same day and re-read something
recently posted, New Posts will not show anything. Being able to read
Today's Posts, would solve that problem. I've seen the 'Today's Posts'
option under the Quick Links menu on many other vBulletin type forums.
Please consider adding the Today's Posts option.

Thank you.

---pete---

wildjokerdesign
11-11-2006, 06:25 AM
I agree with Pete that this would be a nice option. There have been times when I have taken too much time formulating a reply to one post and then the New Posts link no longer worked. I know I should type faster. :)

rolling
11-11-2006, 05:57 PM
One more vote here! You cannot even search for all of today's posts in advanced search.

(And remove Calendar since it only goes up to December 2005...)

whadmin
11-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Thank you for the suggestion, I was able to replace "New Posts" on nav bar with "Today's Posts", and place "New Posts" in the Quick Links (had to do it this way because it treated the nav bar different for logged in users and non registered users, so this was the best way to do it). Please let us know if you find any problems with this feature (I just tested it, and it seems to be working fine).

wildjokerdesign
11-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Works Great! In fact when I first hit the site I clicked on "Today's Post" without realizeing the difference till I read this post. :) Both of the new links seem to work fine. Thank you for doing this!

rolling
11-13-2006, 06:05 PM
62 hours from suggestion to implementation! Feel the support :-)

Thanks.

However, I still cannot search for all posts with no replies or all posts from last week in advanced search :-(

PeteF
11-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Thank you for the suggestion, I was able to replace "New Posts" on nav bar with "Today's Posts", and place "New Posts" in the Quick Links (had to do it this way because it treated the nav bar different for logged in users and non registered users, so this was the best way to do it). Please let us know if you find any problems with this feature (I just tested it, and it seems to be working fine).

Ok, thanks, I'll take it. :)
As long as I have both options, I'm very happy.

Thanks again!

---pete---

rolling
11-23-2006, 05:44 AM
However, I still cannot search for all posts with no replies or all posts from last week in advanced search :-(
Now I can :-)

Thanks

rolling
11-23-2006, 06:57 AM
How do you search without a search term for all posts in the past week. The wildcard * doesn't work, because it is less than three characters.
The secret is to change 'Find Threads with' to 'At Most'

Click on Search / Advanced Search
Change 'Find Threads with' to "At Most" 9999
Change 'Find Posts from' to "A week ago" "and newer"
Leave 'Search by Keyword' blank
Click on search now

Works for me :-)