PDA

View Full Version : htaccess / htpasswd help

jbarlow
11-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone,

We are just finishing our testing of our website as we migrate over to westhost from another unix hosting provider.

The last thing I am trying to fix is our secure access to some pages on our site. We are using Account Manager Lite to manage our users and passwords.

I have copied over all program and config files but I can't get it to allow access; it asks for a username and password but it won't accept what I type in (yes, it's definitely the right password and my caps lock isn't on.) The error logs say "authentication failure" and "password mismatch".

I have also contacted the software vendor, but in the meantime I figured that I could also check to verify that this setup will work on Westhost servers.

My .htaccess file, which is located in the web directory that I want to password protect, looks like:
---------
AuthUserFile /var/www/cgi-bin/acctman/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthType Basic
AuthName "LYWA Member Access"

<LIMIT GET POST>
require valid-user
</LIMIT>
---------

My .htpasswd file, which resides in the cgi-bin directory along with my Account Manager programs, has entries that look like:

jbarlow:aaRY9EoyuqQXX

Thanks very much for any ideas or comments.

Jen

jbarlow
11-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi all,

I figured this out. The move worked just fine. It was a password issue.

Thanks,
Jen

jackster
12-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I am also using Account Manager Lite. Is there an easy way that you know of to get the script to auto approve people waiting in the acceptance queue without user intervention?