PDA

View Full Version : Adsense Revenue

pdh22
09-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Hey I have a burning question. I was going to this site the other day http://www.shoemoney.com On the site the guy shows a check for like almost 132k. I know this is a top 100 blog site, but does anybody have any clue to what the conversion rate and money output is for adsense? Are there better programs out there?

wildjokerdesign
09-03-2006, 07:26 AM
The agreement that GoogleAds has you agree to disallows a person from revealing how much they make form the program. I am surprised he has show then check.

I well say that you should keep in mind that his blog is in the top 100's and that his site does seem to be all about makeing money doing this type of thing. I am sure he has spent quite a bit of time optimizeing things to get the best results possible. :)

Is Adsense a good program? Yes I think so. Should you quite your day job? No I don't think so. ;)

WestHost - BErickson
09-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Google Adsense is great because it's easy. You don't need to try and recruit businesses to advertise, and of those offering this type of a system where you put code on your page that pushes ads, Google is the best and has the highest payouts (because people pay more than at other places).

A good CTR might be above 4%, but I know of those that do 10% or higher. Payout per click will depend on the industry. High technology, for instance, might pay out $1.00 a click, whereas a site about dolls might payout $0.01 per click. You get a small percentage of what the advertiser is paying Google.

THIS is why if you have the time, you should go find the advertisers yourself. They'd be happy to pay you half for the same ad (then they pay Google), which could mean quadruple what Google is paying you.

There are a number of ways to monetize the traffic on your website. Google Adsense is extremely easy and better than similar types, but there are better ways if you are willing to put a little extra effort in.