PDA

View Full Version : Trying to use ImageMagick in a cgi perl script

gabriellee
08-04-2006, 03:18 PM
I am trying to use ImageMagick in a cgi perl script, but I'm getting the following error: :o

Error:
Can't load '/usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.so' for module Image::Magick: libMagick.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/local/perl/lib/5.6.0/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 200. at /var/www/cgi-bin/photos.cgi line 26
Content-type: text/html

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! I'm very new at this, and haven't used many of the Westhost web-hosting features (I do, however, know how to restart my VPS, which I tried, and which did not fix the issue).

Also, I did install ImageMagick from the manager "Site Applications" interface.

Thanks in advance, :)
David

wildjokerdesign
08-07-2006, 07:42 AM
This may be a problem you would need to contact WestHost about. I am not sure but the error makes me think that maybe not all the files needed for ImageMagick to run where installed. I have Perl 5.8 running with ImageMagick but pretty sure that it works with 5.6. Sometimes in such cases uninstalling then re-installing a program will take care of such dependency errors. You may just want to send a support ticket in on the problem. It would be something that WH tech would support.