PDA

View Full Version : Clean URLs with Drupal in a sub folder and domain



jolene
07-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I cannot enable Drupal's clean URLs in my installation. I have a subfolder like so:

/www/htdocs/dev

...which is accessed through a subdomain that I set up through the manger like so:

dev.mysite.com

I assumed that this was a httpd.conf issue to I tried fiddling with it with no luck. Honestly, I don't know anything about what's in there other than to see that mod_rewrite is enabled and the problem has something to do with this:

ServerName dev.communityzip.com
DocumentRoot /dev #other options were tried

<Directory "/dev"> #other options were tried
Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl .py .sh
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

I tried adding the above, in various incarnations, in addition to the default information. (Can I even do that?)

I haven't yet tried the default settings, with a Drupal installation in the default docroot accessed through: www.mysite.com so I have no idea if that would work either. I assume it would.

jalal
07-06-2006, 01:19 AM
Probably not the best forum area to ask this on... anyway:

You will need to have DocumentRoot set to /var/www/html/dev/
The server path /dev doesn't exist, which is why that doesn't work.
And the path /www/htdocs/ is really a symlink to /var/www/html/ so better to use the real path.
And remember, you need to restart Apache for any changes to take effect.

But... if I remember rightly, using the Site Manager, you really shouldn't need to be messing with the config files, that should all be taken care of for you.

HTH

jolene
07-07-2006, 10:52 AM
You will need to have DocumentRoot set to /var/www/html/dev/
The server path /dev doesn't exist, which is why that doesn't work.
And the path /www/htdocs/ is really a symlink to /var/www/html/ so better to use the real path.


Thank you. Your advice helped. I went into site manager to the domain management area. I edited the "dev" subdomain to use the path that you suggested rather than the symlink, which is what I had put in there. Since using the symlink worked for acessing the subdomain from the web, it didn't occur to me that it was wrong.