View Full Version : Adding AWStats and Ruby to package

webdev
06-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Hello I am on a dedicated server
I need to add to my existing packages:
AWStats and Ruby

I have no clue on how making those two available
I did not find real info about it

I understand that I need to update the packages to allow for the new application but I do not figure the "How to"

Please provide some guidance

thanks

Best regards

wildjokerdesign
06-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Do you have something like a reseller manager for your dedicated server? That is the only thing I can relate it to since I don't have a dedicated server.

In reseller manager I have to first go in and edit the package to include the Apps. It is about the third page in when editing. Once I do that at the end I get the option to apply the changes to the accounts that use that package.

I don't think there is any real documentation on dedicated servers just as there is none on reseller accounts but I do have Help buttons in the manager.

webdev
06-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks Wildjoker design
Yes I do have such a panel
but I was reluctant to move forward due to the non existant doc
I will give it a try.

wildjokerdesign
06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Maybe the demo video for reseller manager would help some if they are similiar.
http://members.westhost.com/resellermanager-demo.html

WestHost - TErnstrom
06-05-2006, 08:54 AM
webdev,

I agree that our documentation for Reseller Manager (Server Manager) could use some improving. Watch the video joker suggested, and PM me if you need additional help/instructions.

Basically all you need to do is create/edit service packages to include the applications you want, then apply those packages to your accounts. The "Apply to All" button will que them up to be applied over night. You can apply packages to accounts individually (and get immediate results) by editing the account itself and selecting the 'Apply Service Package' checkbox on the first screen in the edit wizard.

Try also: http://members.westhost.com/resellermanager.html
and/or.. The 'HELP' button embedded in the Reseller Manager

wildjokerdesign
06-05-2006, 03:27 PM
That is good to know about the difference between 'Apply to All' and 'Apply Service Package'. I had thought that they both where applied within a couple hours.