PDA

View Full Version : Spam filtering

comperini
05-08-2006, 09:14 AM
My apologies, if this was already discussed somewhere else in this forum. I tried my best to "search", and found nothing.

Westhost: What anti-spam tools do you offer, that actually look at "forwarded"/"aliased" e-mail addresses (not just the Pop ones)?

It appears you have nothing. Why not? Its time.

allyn
05-08-2006, 09:44 AM
do other hosting providers provide services for forwarded emails? can you give an example?

comperini
05-08-2006, 09:54 AM
do other hosting providers provide services for forwarded emails? can you give an example?

Nope, I can't give any examples.. I've always been with Westhost. But it would seem to me that they should be able to filter "anything@MyWestHostDomain.com" (even the aliased addressed). No, I'm not too smart about how this all works, but it would make life a lot easier.

jalal
05-08-2006, 12:56 PM
It's normal practise to *not* filter forwarded mail. Mail should be filtered and processed at the point of delivery, not at the various staging posts en-route. There are good technical reasons for this which have been discussed in previous threads, so I won't rehash them here.

allyn
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
to simulate what you're asking for, instead of creating a normal email forward, create an email account (must have home directory) instead. then create a .procmailrc with contents something like this:
:0
!otheraddress@otherdomain.com