PDA

View Full Version : Branding - background images go where?

TonyL
04-11-2006, 10:25 AM
When branding our backend for clients I see that several images important for the look and feel of the control panel are referenced only by the CSS files. An example is the header background image url(/php/skins/base/images/topBG.gif).

If we update the css, where can we put the images. They cannot be on our own server as they are referenced securely.

Thanks -- Tony

wildjokerdesign
04-11-2006, 02:08 PM
No you have to upload them through the Reseller Manager. It has been some time since I have done this so can't remember specifics. I do remember it was a pain in the butt. :) I am so used to working locally then uploading both images and style sheets. Wish they could add FTP ability to at least the templates area of our reseller accounts. Also the method I mentioned above means you leave the CSS as is and simply upload a new image.

TonyL
04-11-2006, 03:22 PM
You can individually replace images that are not part of the style sheets in a fairly obvious fashion, 1 for 1. I don't see, however, a way to upload other images to be referenced by the style sheets -- or replacements for style sheet images.

It really doesn't give us any real way to brand the control panel in a professional way.

Thanks

wildjokerdesign
04-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Yes you are right there are only a limited number of images you can actually change and there are a butt load of them that are not even used. :( It took me a couple days to get on of my packages skinned and that was by sticking with the default set up. Still didn't fully skin it since some things I just could not figure out where or how they where handled.

I hear tell that they are working on the Reseller Manager... opps did I say that out loud. :) I am hopeing customization is one thing that will be re-worked. Perhaps if we give some input on what we would like to be able to do like multiple upload of images or files at one time they may hear us.